Garfish
11-03-2010, 11:13 AM
That's definitely a good thing.

calcutta37
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
got one in the mail last week

Dink
11-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't pay them....I went for a hearing and asked where I signed my name saying that I would pay the ticket.....they said I had to anyway......*******s.....

PathfinderNI
11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
that I got several weeks back at the River Ranch intersection!:pissed: What happens if you don't pay them, does it mess up your record in any kind of way??

LaAngler
11-03-2010, 09:48 PM
that I got several weeks back at the River Ranch intersection!:pissed: What happens if you don't pay them, does it mess up your record in any kind of way??

I got one right there also, I refused to pay it. They turn it over to a collection agency & probably credit bureaus eventually. (all because our elected officials say they can :pissed:)

If I have time I will file an electronic dispute (which is free) to clean them off my credit.

LPfishnTIM
11-03-2010, 09:52 PM
go to court and tell them an officer never gave you a ticket! a non police commissioned company sent you one in the mail and you would like to have a trial to argue your case against the company that mailed you the ticket, regardless of the evidence of pictures taken that your in the wrong, you would be saying the ticket company is under qualified to be giving tickets! most of the time the camera co. are in other states.

Gerald
11-03-2010, 11:53 PM
What is wrong with the "Red Light" camera and getting tickets?

Last week my wife came home all shook up because she came within inches of being rear-end by some one at a Red light.

When she saw the light had change.....she slowed down to stop. The car behind her was not planning to stop and was going too fast. It swirved just in time to miss hitting my wife.

Oh.....the light was already RED when this happened.

If you obey the law......stop when the light turns "yellow"......you have nothing to worry about when the camera is watching.

We need red light camera to keep more people from running RED lights.

Dink
11-04-2010, 05:50 AM
They really can't come after you for not paying......like Bruce said. A collections company gets it.....the trial thing works.....the company that does the Lafayette cameras is in Arizona......they aren't gonna send someone down to go to court over a 25 dollar ticket.....

Dink
11-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Geral......I'm glad your wife is ok......

Ray
11-04-2010, 07:58 AM
"According to campaign finance disclosure documents, ATS poured $1,746,000 into the race, in a desperate attempt to salvage one of the company's most important accounts."

They really must be making a bundle in Houston if they were willing to spend this much to keep their camera's running over there.

I am against the camera's also. If someone is driving my truck and runs a red light or speeds, I am the one that gets the ticket.
It needs to be an official officer of that state, city or parish giving the tickets. Not someone who applied for a job that is not trained or is not from the area the tickets are written in.

LaAngler
11-04-2010, 09:03 AM
What is wrong with the "Red Light" camera and getting tickets?

Last week my wife came home all shook up because she came within inches of being rear-end by some one at a Red light.

When she saw the light had change.....she slowed down to stop. The car behind her was not planning to stop and was going too fast. It swirved just in time to miss hitting my wife.

Oh.....the light was already RED when this happened.

If you obey the law......stop when the light turns "yellow"......you have nothing to worry about when the camera is watching.

We need red light camera to keep more people from running RED lights.

The statistics show that the camera's actually increase the number of the rear end collisions.

In Lafayette, they reduced the yellow light timing and left the speed limits the same. At several intersections, if you're in a bigger size vehicle doing 45 mph, you just about have to stand on the brakes to stop in time. My motivation not to run a red light is the chance of injuring myself or others, if I can't handle that responsibility I don't need to be on the road.

This is just another tax, it's not about safety.

We have allowed law enforcement/government power to grow to the point that it has spiraled out of control. First there is cameras at intersections, where next? Entire streets are "MAN" monitored in Great Britain now.

Ray
11-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Its like the military hiring private security companies. Its bullsheet.
Cops write tickets. Military provides security for govt workere.
This does not include news crews. If the want to be there they should rent their own room and provide their own security.

PathfinderNI
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
even though they say "it's for safety reasons." Why else would they shorten the yellow light if not to write more tickets? Mine was a speeding infraction (11 mph over) and was $50. I figured I would be getting a notice as soon as I passed under the light...oh well, don't think it's worth going through all that humbug and possibly getting a bad mark on my credit rating for $50. What will it take to get this on the ballot so we can vote it out?

LaAngler
11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
even though they say "it's for safety reasons." Why else would they shorten the yellow light if not to write more tickets? Mine was a speeding infraction (11 mph over) and was $50. I figured I would be getting a notice as soon as I passed under the light...oh well, don't think it's worth going through all that humbug and possibly getting a bad mark on my credit rating for $50. What will it take to get this on the ballot so we can vote it out?

I tried to find all this out, this was the response I got:

Thanks or your opinion Mr. White, but you seem to be somewhat misguided. I would be happy to see the citizens bring this to a vote, I'd love to see the outcome. We are unable to bring it to a vote. If you are interested in taking the lead, I would suggest you contact an attorney to see what you need to do. Again, thanks for your opinion.
Joey Durel
City-Parish President
Lafayette, LA
(337)291-8300

I've seen it and believe that vast majority in Lafayette support the cameras. Two polls show that 66% are in favor. You may not believe polls, but I do and also hear from many, many more that are in favor than I do from those against. However, a vote would certainly put an end to that discussion.
Joey Durel
City-Parish President
Lafayette, LA
(337)291-8300

PathfinderNI
11-04-2010, 01:06 PM
and asked in such a way to get the answer that you want. If he truly wants to find out what the people want, bring it to a vote Mr. President. In fact, go ahead and make it statewide so it can be nipped in the bud before spreading. If Lafayette is getting a bunch of money off this I can see why there would be no interest from the powers that be to bring it to a vote. It should have been brought to a vote before being installed the first time!

SULPHITE
11-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I tried to find all this out, this was the response I got:

Thanks or your opinion Mr. White, but you seem to be somewhat misguided. I would be happy to see the citizens bring this to a vote, I'd love to see the outcome. We are unable to bring it to a vote. If you are interested in taking the lead, I would suggest you contact an attorney to see what you need to do. Again, thanks for your opinion.
Joey Durel
City-Parish President
Lafayette, LA
(337)291-8300

I've seen it and believe that vast majority in Lafayette support the cameras. Two polls show that 66% are in favor. You may not believe polls, but I do and also hear from many, many more that are in favor than I do from those against. However, a vote would certainly put an end to that discussion.
Joey Durel
City-Parish President
Lafayette, LA
(337)291-8300

LMAO! you know they have those two paragraphs prewritten, just "copy and paste" and pres "send" lol!