PDA

View Full Version : this weekend

mallard matt
11-18-2010, 10:53 AM
I hunted opening weekend with some freinds in Gueydan right off the bayou tech in some rice feilds.Saturday we got up late and forgot the mojos so we only wound up with three two teal and a spoon.Sunday morning we had the blind pumped out and brushed and didnt forget the mojos.And the birds were pleased we had a great morning with a lot of shooting should of had our limit but we were to busy cutting up and didnt shoot as strait as we could.We shot nineteen birds all together and found fifteen 12 teal 2 spoons and a widgeon hen .It was a great weekend with some good freinds hopefully well have as good a luck in the timber in opelousas this weekend.Im ready for some mallards and woody rather than them old smalard mallard

Armand16
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
timber in opelousas this weekend.

U talking about Boagni Swamp?

mallard matt
11-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Not quite but close im freinds with the nicholsons.You familiar with that area

Armand16
11-18-2010, 12:02 PM
yeah, my dad works with one of the nicklesons.. behind troup k? near those two big fishing ponds?

SULPHITE
11-18-2010, 12:03 PM
very nice!

mallard matt
11-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Yup we gonna be around there which nicholson do you know is it joe?Im freinds with his sons there a great group of people it will be my third season hunting out there and definatly one of my favorite places to hunt.With some of my best freinds.My favorite hunt out there though is hunting TRESSPASSERS nothing funner than catchen some idiots.

mallard matt
11-18-2010, 02:21 PM
One time a family memeber was leaving the property when he heared a rifle shot down by the ponds.Well he went to investigate and a ways down the road he sees a fellow with a rifle standing over a downed buck.Well the fellow puts down his gun and grabs the horns.Right then that deer woke up and jumped on his hind legs and went to work on that dude.He said that deer was whacken him with his hoves right in the face and on the neck.When the guy fell down the deer dropped down and started malling him with his horns.After about 5 seconds of that the deer fell right on top of him and died.So the family member went and pulled the deer off of him said he had huge gashes everywhere on his neck chest and face.Helped get cleaned up then called the sheriff and had his but arrested.Moral of that story make sure your deer is dead and dont tresspass

specktator
11-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Don't mean to be a d bag but just letting you know. That is a drake gadwall, not a hen widgeon. I also know the Nicholson's very well. My dad used to date Joe's ex wife when I was a kid. Are u talking about Dillon and Van that you are friends with? They were both under 10 years old last time I seen them.

SULPHITE
11-18-2010, 02:31 PM
too late speck your a dbag!!! j/k!! Widgeon have green in their speculum I believe

specktator
11-18-2010, 02:39 PM
too late speck your a dbag!!! j/k!! Widgeon have green in their speculum I believe

:thefinger::thefinger:j/k!!!

Armand16
11-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Yup we gonna be around there which nicholson do you know is it joe?Im freinds with his sons there a great group of people it will be my third season hunting out there and definatly one of my favorite places to hunt.With some of my best freinds.My favorite hunt out there though is hunting TRESSPASSERS nothing funner than catchen some idiots.

see if yall can keep the shooting to a minimum. i was planning on saving that place for sunday

mallard matt
11-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Don't mean to be a d bag but just letting you know. That is a drake gadwall, not a hen widgeon. I also know the Nicholson's very well. My dad used to date Joe's ex wife when I was a kid. Are u talking about Dillon and Van that you are friends with? They were both under 10 years old last time I seen them.Yup thats them Dylan just graduated culinary school and is working in new orleans.Van is in his second year of LSUE there doing good and ready to start the season

mallard matt
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
see if yall can keep the shooting to a minimum. i was planning on saving that place for sundaywere you planning on hunting at over there the back swamp

specktator
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Yup thats them Dylan just graduated culinary school and is working in new orleans.Van is in his second year of LSUE there doing good and ready to start the season

Awesome. Good luck to you guys this weekend.

specksNdaSURF
11-18-2010, 05:13 PM
were you planning on hunting at over there the back swamp
thats where i wanted to hunt! lol