PDA

View Full Version : venice/breton sound friday 7 10 09

fishinpox
07-12-2009, 11:11 PM
fished venice friday with 2 buddies got to the spot with the sun already comin up. caught 8 on top first thing . it was kind of slow first thing but it picked up really fast once the tide started comin in we had some 12 in fish but a bunch in the 2-3 lb range . we had 75 in the boat by 10am and kept fishing throwing the largest baits we had in the tackle boxes . once that river falls a little more this place will be on fire . hey TEXAS this ones for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlatoutFishin
07-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Is it the finger that's for Texas, or the tongue? Because if its the tongue...could you please open your mouth a little wider, I think I got something for you! :*****:

Nice meat haul by the way! :D

What is the limit in La anyway? 20 and anything over 12"?:confused: I'm thinking about heading that way next Winter for some wading, y'all don't have a maximium limit do you...like here and only 1 over 25"?

Ray
07-13-2009, 12:22 AM
SW La. limit is 15 with only 2 over 25 inches.
The rest of the state has a 25 fish limit.
12 inch minimum for the whole state.

FlatoutFishin
07-13-2009, 12:35 AM
SW La. limit is 15 with only 2 over 25 inches.
The rest of the state has a 25 fish limit.
12 inch minimum for the whole state.

Thanks! After I looked at that pic again, and weeded thru the 12-14'ers, I'd say you got barely a Texas limit there.:D Still a nice mess though.

I wish Texas would go ahead and let people keep those dinks, or 12-14's and up the limit to 15. Too many little ones don't make it and its a waste. Glad y'all at least have the 2 at 25"...even though I typically don't keep any that big.

fishinpox
07-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks! After I looked at that pic again, and weeded thru the 12-14'ers, I'd say you got barely a Texas limit there.:D Still a nice mess though.

I wish Texas would go ahead and let people keep those dinks, or 12-14's and up the limit to 15. Too many little ones don't make it and its a waste. Glad y'all at least have the 2 at 25"...even though I typically don't keep any that big.

just wait till the river falls a bit mo' those 12-14 will dissapear and and soild 2.5-4lb specks will stack up with the occasional 6-8 lb in the mix its just a long ride to get to venice and a long a$$ boat ride if its rough hope you got dry clothes in the truck!!!

FlatoutFishin
07-13-2009, 12:50 AM
just wait till the river falls a bit mo' those 12-14 will dissapear and and soild 2.5-4lb specks will stack up with the occasional 6-8 lb in the mix its just a long ride to get to venice and a long a$$ boat ride if its rough hope you got dry clothes in the truck!!!

I worked 5 years out of SW Pass, you don't have to tell me about the boat ride. Even a 40ft crew boat rounding those jetty's in 10ft seas will bring a man to lose his inards faster than a Capt Ryan/Reddy i-net love spat.:rotfl: Always wanted to stay and fish, but after 2 weeks of being away from home, I always opted for that long azz haul up 23, then West on 10 as fast as possible.

fishinpox
07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I worked 5 years out of SW Pass, you don't have to tell me about the boat ride. Even a 40ft crew boat rounding those jetty's in 10ft seas will bring a man to lose his inards faster than a Capt Ryan/Reddy i-net love spat.:rotfl: Always wanted to stay and fish, but after 2 weeks of being away from home, I always opted for that long azz haul up 23, then West on 10 as fast as possible.

rough , fog, the river ect.... but venice is very much worth it

southern151
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Good haul fellas! I'm working on making my way down there. As some of you know, I started a new job last week. I just found out today that they own a fairly large camp in Venice! They use it for employees and kissin @#$ to plant higher-ups. I've suddenly found a reason to REALLY like the group that I work for! I gotta get down there...SOON!!:smokin:

Hopedale Hustler
07-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Niccee