PDA

View Full Version : Fishin' out of Pass Christian, MS.

coachlaw
07-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Dad and I are headed out of Pass Christian harbor at 5:30am Monday. We are planning to fish around Cat Island. I'll let y'all know how we do. This is brand new territory for me. Though I spent a lot of my young life here, I've rarely taken a fishing boat out. Sailboats yes, but not fishing boats. Should be a fun day regardless. Perhaps we'll hook up with Chris Havoc. - Sandy

FlatoutFishin
07-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Have a good one Sandy!

coachlaw
07-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Already got the cooler stocked bro! I'm worried about waking up at 4am LOL!

FlatoutFishin
07-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Already got the cooler stocked bro! I'm worried about waking up at 4am LOL!

Then just start emptyin that sucker and stay up...don't be a Nancy!

coachlaw
07-13-2009, 12:27 AM
If I stay up any later, I'll be done for by noon :D Had a good time chatting with my mom tonight and drinking a little vino. Time to make "Do Do". Not to be confused with "Doo Doo" :D You La. guys know what I mean.

FlatoutFishin
07-13-2009, 12:30 AM
If I stay up any later, I'll be done for by noon :D Had a good time chatting with my mom tonight and drinking a little vino. Time to make "Do Do". Not to be confused with "Doo Doo" :D You La. guys know what I mean.

I hope...cause I ain't gotta clue!

Later, have a good one with the old man!

Gerald
07-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Do Do = sleep or go to sleep

coachlaw
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Yep, Gerald has it. When I was a kid, it wasn't time to go to bed or sleep. It was time to go do-do or time to make do-do. I remember my Freshman year at Tulane, I had a date with this HOT chick I had no business being with. We had a great time and I brought her back to her door at 6am. I told her, "You go make do-do and give me a call later today if you had a good time." She said, "Wait, you want me to do what?" It took a little explaining. Apparently they do not say that in Tennessee :D. Even with all that she called anyway. Dad gum I do miss college. :( I was always with some chick I had no business being with. Ah the halcyon days of my youth . . . .

Well I'm home before noon anyway. The wind was kickin' out there. We made it to Cat Island and found some protected waters. We hooked into a bunch of rat reds and then some birds found us, but no specks. Only nice sized white trout and ladyfish. At one point all 3 of us were hooked up with ladyfish and it made for a cluster-%$#@*. All lines tangled, etc. We bagged a few nice size white trout (Sand trout to Texans). About 10:30 they really turned off. We couldn't even lose a live shrimp, so we headed back in. I wanted to head over to the Bay St. Louis bridge and fish the pilings, but Dad was finished after the rough ride in. It was a great day on the water though. Next trip we've decided it has to be the Chandeleurs.

We settled for lunch at the Pirate's Cove on Market St. in Pass Christian. Shrimp po-boy for me and a roast beef for the others. They are just as good as the ones I grew up with. I can't find a po-boy like that in Texas to save my life. I'm so glad Pirate's Cove kept going after Katrina.

Chris Havoc
07-13-2009, 03:25 PM
wish i couldve made it out with you guys today, i've been stuck at work....next time your over this way coach, gimme a holler!! we've been trying to work out a overnighter or two with several boats to chandeleur. let me know if your interested

FlatoutFishin
07-13-2009, 05:53 PM
wish i couldve made it out with you guys today, i've been stuck at work....next time your over this way coach, gimme a holler!! we've been trying to work out a overnighter or two with several boats to chandeleur. let me know if your interested

Don't know about Coach....but I am! :D

coachlaw
07-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm headed to NYC for some "Uncle Sandy" time with my brother's kids, but when I get back, that sounds great. Don't think we'd be up for an overnighter though. My Dad is 71. I doubt he's up for something longer than a day, but he's never seen the Chandeleurs and I want him to see them before he can't make that kind of trip anymore.

Monte's name says it all by the way. He's a flatoutfishin' maniac. He'd drive over for a trip in a heartbeat.

FlatoutFishin
07-13-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm headed to NYC for some "Uncle Sandy" time with my brother's kids, but when I get back, that sounds great. Don't think we'd be up for an overnighter though. My Dad is 71. I doubt he's up for something longer than a day, but he's never seen the Chandeleurs and I want him to see them before he can't make that kind of trip anymore.

Monte's name says it all by the way. He's a flatoutfishin' maniac. He'd drive over for a trip in a heartbeat.

Dude...you are getting around this Summer.....NYC?

coachlaw
07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I always go up there. They pay for my plane ticket. :D

I'm not much for the city itself. I'm a small town/country kind of a guy. They actually live in Northern New Jersey. It's very country out there. They even have a bear that shows up and drinks out of their pool. Had to show my bro how to shoot a rifle in case the bear gets to be trouble. He's the city kid and I'm the country kind. We go into the city once or twice each visit. Last time I tried out for who wants to be a millionaire. This time I'm going to Coney Island for the first time. Got to get me a Nathan's hot dog.