PDA

View Full Version : Snapper and shrimp

joshdomingue
01-04-2011, 07:44 AM
This is what I cooked last night .... had one pack of snapper filets and one pack of shrimp( not sure of weights, basicaly its whatever i threw in a bag on that day). Seasoned my fish like normal and added some lemon pepper. peeled and deveined the shrimp and added some seasoning to them....sliced up some onion and threw it on top..... then i made a little sauce with 3 tbls of butter ,2 tbls of flour , 1/2 tbls of salt , and 1 cup of milk..... just cooked the sauce over medium heat , constantly stirring until the sauce thickened... then i poured the sauce over the shrimp and sprinkled grated parmesean on top..... baked in the oven @ 375 uncovered for 45 min...... came out pretty delicious .... here are some pics

Mediumheavyaction6'6
01-04-2011, 07:55 AM
My new year's resolution hates you

yak'em-n-stack'em
01-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Nice!

eman
01-04-2011, 08:11 AM
My new year's resolution hates you
Why?:confused:
By replacing the butter w/ olive oil and cutting out the cheese you have a fairly healthy meal. Just need a salad to go w/ it.
being that it's baked it would be healthier for you as is than fried fish and swimps.

Mediumheavyaction6'6
01-04-2011, 08:14 AM
By replacing the butter w/ olive oil and cutting out the cheese you have a fairly healthy meal. Just need a salad to go w/ it.
being that it's baked it would be healthier for you as is than fried fish and swimps.

i was going for a comedic back handed compliment but.....

I agree that the meal was not that unhealthy

joshdomingue
01-04-2011, 08:46 AM
The Fiance said it was healthy ......

DUCKGOGETTER
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Man josh that looks good. I got some flounder i will try that with this weekend

PaulMyers
01-04-2011, 10:15 AM
This is what I cooked last night ....

Just down the street and my phone never rang, not 1 single time... And I thought we was friends. ;-)

Looks really good Josh, I bet she enjoyed it.

SULPHITE
01-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Dang son! dat looks good!!!

Lake Chuck Duck
01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Pretty tasty lookin!

QUACKHEAD
01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Dang, that looks worth doing again.

LPfishnTIM
01-04-2011, 10:47 PM

nothing wrong with the butter and cheese, it adds a little protein and fats to the fish, olive oils is a better choice, but when dieting believe it or not fats are not as bad as you think, they add calories but when your body is burning the fats in foods its also burning off sugars. when your body isn't getting enough fats and too much sugar and starches your body starts to store the excess as body fat that is one reason why people gain weight by eating fat free ice cream! Too much sugar not enough fat!

LPfishnTIM
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
BTW that looks good!

joshdomingue
01-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Man josh that looks good. I got some flounder i will try that with this weekend

Just don't over cook it , I almost did (them snapper filets were kind of thick) so you may want to shorten the cooking time....

SaltyShaw
01-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Mmm that looks nice!

eman
01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
nothing wrong with the butter and cheese, it adds a little protein and fats to the fish, olive oils is a better choice, but when dieting believe it or not fats are not as bad as you think, they add calories but when your body is burning the fats in foods its also burning off sugars. when your body isn't getting enough fats and too much sugar and starches your body starts to store the excess as body fat that is one reason why people gain weight by eating fat free ice cream! Too much sugar not enough fat!

I didn't cut fats to loose weight . I did it on the advice of my cardiologist.
Trying to avoid ending up back at olol for the 3rd time.:eek:

LPfishnTIM
01-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I didn't cut fats to loose weight . I did it on the advice of my cardiologist.
Trying to avoid ending up back at olol for the 3rd time.:eek:
good point!

bluewing
01-06-2011, 12:40 AM
holy s***

SaltyShaw
01-06-2011, 02:13 AM
you think it would be good with amberjack?