PDA

View Full Version : Speck Tacos

FlatoutFishin
07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Get a corn tortilla, pan fry some fresh spec with Tony's and butter, getcha some pico, and some jalapeno/cilantro dressing....gonna hurt myself here at work.

Champion did the cooking!

The Shep
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Get a corn tortilla, pan fry some fresh spec with Tony's and butter, getcha some pico, and some jalapeno/cilantro dressing....gonna hurt myself here at work.

Champion did the cooking!

Peewwwwwww id eat dat till id catch a cramp

all star rod
07-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I also do fish tacos...Those look damm good!

FlatoutFishin
07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I also do fish tacos...Those look damm good!

They was, and I'm sure glad there isn't anything going down here at work...it's been hard to keep my eyes open with a full belly staring at this here monitor!

txrebel62
07-18-2009, 06:58 AM
i'm gonna try that! ( if i catch anything!)

LittleRob
07-19-2009, 02:12 PM
:work:It's awesome my picky kids ate 2 apiece I ate like 6 or seven thanks for the recipe
The kids didn't want the onion stuff so I put salsa, I ate mine with the pico

FlatoutFishin
07-19-2009, 02:31 PM
:work:It's awesome my picky kids ate 2 apiece I ate like 6 or seven thanks for the recipe

Glad y'all enjoyed it. We were going to do ling today, but I forgot the stuff in the refrigerator coming into work. It was 3 in the morning and I was out of it, but I'm still getting the treatment.

Did you make the jalapeno cilantro sauce too...that really brings it all together. IMO

Ray
07-19-2009, 02:37 PM
It's awesome my picky kids ate 2 apiece I ate like 6 or seven thanks for the recipe

I don't like all that onion stuff either. But I like the idea about the Taco.
Gonna hafta try that one day.

FlatoutFishin
07-19-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't like all that onion stuff either. But I like the idea about the Taco.
Gonna hafta try that one day.

Not much onion. Actually just buy store made pico and add the cabbage, then squeeze lime and let it sit over night....your good to go!

Ray
07-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Another good way to pan fry specks is to season in Tony's then roll in cracker crumbs
then fry in butter for about 2 min.'s on each side.
Put in plate and eat with what ever kind of sauce you like. But don't let it get cold.
For some reason, it doesn't taste as good cold. I am not a cold fish eater.
I like to make a sauce with hot sauce, heavy cream, worchestershire(spelling?),
Tony's, lemon juice and butter. Throw on some small boiled shrimp or some lump
crab meat on the fillet and cover with sauce.

FlatoutFishin
07-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Another good way to pan fry specks is to season in Tony's then roll in cracker crumbs
then fry in butter for about 2 min.'s on each side.
Put in plate and eat with what ever kind of sauce you like. But don't let it get cold.
For some reason, it doesn't taste as good cold. I am not a cold fish eater.
I like to make a sauce with hot sauce, heavy cream, worchestershire(spelling?),
Tony's, lemon juice and butter. Throw on some small boiled shrimp or some lump
crab meat on the fillet and cover with sauce.

That almost sounds like a Ponchatrain sauce....sounds easy, and good!

I'll post up a seafood chowder, when it gets colder out, that'll make you go track down momma so you can slap her.

Crawfish, fish, shrimp, crab and whatever else you want with whipping cream base...dayum good stuff!

LittleRob
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Glad y'all enjoyed it. We were going to do ling today, but I forgot the stuff in the refrigerator coming into work. It was 3 in the morning and I was out of it, but I'm still getting the treatment.

Did you make the jalapeno cilantro sauce too...that really brings it all together. IMO

Yeah I used some fresh cilantro, 1 fresh jalapeno seeded and die vained olive oil in the food processor thats how I made it