PDA

View Full Version : Mans best friend

CatDaddy
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
This is a place to talk about our best hunting/fishing buddies. Dogs for sale, Stud Dogs, Pictures, anything about a dog..

CatDaddy
05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
His name is Gumbeaux. He is only 1 and a half years old. Awesome dog, listens really well. Very still in the blind. He is a really big dog with a shiney coat. He is ready to have a girlfriend so if anyone here has a gyp, and wants to breed her.. let me know. Ill probably do it for free or a pick.

wtretrievers
05-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Here is the ever so famous Sam. I trained labs for about 15 years till I started working on the road. Sam is my traveling/fishing partner. Can even get him to split fire wood till he's tuckered out! Dont leave him with the boat hooked up, he will pout like a 3 year old!

cerveza fria
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Here is Annabelle, she is 1/2 boxer and 1/2 lab. As soon as finals are over this week im gonna take here in the boat for the first time. Also hoping to have her ready to track come bow season!

Dink
05-07-2009, 08:50 AM
This is Dutch.....She's 8mths now..pic was at 5mths and at 7mths......she can fetch the sock all day long, but throw a real duck carcaus and she spits it out quick............I think it's because of the feathers............I'll keep workin her gettin ready for next season.....................................Tim

yak'em-n-stack'em
05-07-2009, 10:17 AM
anyone have some pups for cheap?

CatDaddy
05-07-2009, 10:47 AM
anyone have some pups for cheap?

Im out here offshore and there is a guy that has some chocolates for $50 bucks a pup. the mom was choc, and the dad is black, there are no papers on the dogs but they are pure bread and somewhat good blood (from what the guy told me). I dont think papers make a dog hunt anyway. good blood and time spent makes a good dog. PM me if you (or anyone else) want his number.

CatDaddy
05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
This is Dutch.....She's 8mths now..pic was at 5mths and at 7mths......she can fetch the sock all day long, but throw a real duck carcaus and she spits it out quick............I think it's because of the feathers............I'll keep workin her gettin ready for next season.....................................Tim

Tim,

Try wrapping the duck in a sock or stocking... get him familiar with the scent... also get him real excited while playing with your "stuffed sock" and then take it away and put it up... As soon as he gets reall excited playing with the sock take it away and put it up.. That will make him want it more and more everytime yall play/train

Dink
05-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey Cervesa..........I've got a Boxer too(Spud). He CANNOT swim! Not kidding you.......Swims just like a rock, strait to the bottom everytime. I've heard other boxer owners say the same, you may want to check that out before you turn her loose.........Tim

j c
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Georgie Dawg... the ultimate surf-fishing dog
1/2 German Shorthair Pointer, 1/2 Lab
will be 11 years in June... he has seen me thru some *****e over the past decade...

jc

cerveza fria
05-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Dink, I threw here in a pond a few weeks ago she did fine, Must be the Lab half that can swim, hopefully she will have a lab nose to cause we need a good blood dog at my camp.

LaAngler
05-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I had two labs, one yellow, one chocolate

love them

wtretrievers
05-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I had two labs, one yellow, one chocolate

love them
They make good wade fishing partners!!!!!:shaking:

fishinpox
05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
here are my dogs cash and june they are my lay around pn the couch and watch dvr fishing shows all day sunday type dogs

huntin fool
05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Here is Annabelle, she is 1/2 boxer and 1/2 lab. As soon as finals are over this week im gonna take here in the boat for the first time. Also hoping to have her ready to track come bow season!

is that the one i helped you name on "the other site"?

i will post pics of my annbelle tomorrow

cerveza fria
05-07-2009, 10:54 PM
yep, sorry i stole your name but the wife loved it! thanks again kid!

Dink
05-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Since this thread is for stud service as well...............I've got a STUD for you!!! He's house broken, doesn't bark too much, and loves the ladys!!!!!! When he see's a female, he instantly starts humping the air!!! Sometimes I think He just ain't right, but he is who he is.....................................I'll stud him out for 50 bucks since he doesn't have papers, or a good pedigree............Just PM me if you interested.......................Thanks!! Tim

ROOSTER
05-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Best dog i ever had was a German Shorthair Pointer......good dog.

"W"
05-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Tim will provide all Stud services you NEED!!!:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

Dink
05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
That's not funny, not at all...............Ugh

"W"
05-08-2009, 10:41 AM
:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:: *****::*****::*****:

LaAngler
05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Tim will provide all Stud services you NEED!!!:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

infraction for tim!

CatDaddy
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
This is a picture of my daughter Addison holding our new addition to our family "Oscar"...

A (mhtml:{DE9652D7-A2C8-436B-A552-7FA6A00D9375}mid://00000485/!x-usc:http://us.mc347.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bslifer@A)Dog's Purpose
(from a 6-year old).

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolf hound named Belker.The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer.I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure.They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him.Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on.Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion.We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'

Startled, we all turned to him.What came out of his mouth next stunned me I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?'The Six-year-oldcontinued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

LaAngler
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
beautiful!!

Big Lake Blondie
05-10-2009, 10:21 PM
This is Creole...He's 100% Chocolate Lab...One of the biggest labs we've ever had the pleasure of owning...He's 105 lbs...His tail is so thick, when he gets excited, you have to run for cover because he will take you out:)

Big Lake Blondie
05-10-2009, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=CatDaddy;2467]This is a picture of my daughter Addison holding our new addition to our family "Oscar"...

Congrats on the newest addition! We have a dapple ourselves and absolutely love him. Probably one of the best dogs I've owned...

CatDaddy
05-10-2009, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=CatDaddy;2467]This is a picture of my daughter Addison holding our new addition to our family "Oscar"...

Congrats on the newest addition! We have a dapple ourselves and absolutely love him. Probably one of the best dogs I've owned...

I have owned dasch's almost all my life.... There the best..

That sure is a beautifull lab you got there...

Big Lake Blondie
05-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Here's some more of our other dog, Landry...He is a 100% double dapple mini "d"...He thinks he's 10 foot tall and bullet proof...He's got what we call "little dog, big dog" mentality...:)

CatDaddy
05-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Nice dog.. You could swear there are always drunk on tequila the way they think they can attack anything that moves

Big Lake Blondie
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Definately:rotfl: One thing is for sure, it's never boring around here with him around...He gets to running around so fast, his back end catches up with his front end and he ends up barrel rolling himself...Hillarious little dogs:D

wtretrievers
05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Definately:rotfl: One thing is for sure, it's never boring around here with him around...He gets to running around so fast, his back end catches up with his front end and he ends up barrel rolling himself...Hillarious little dogs:D
Thats what happens when you're 1/2 a dog high & a dog an 1/2 long!:*****:

Bacon
05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
This is my Dasch and min pin mix. He too thinks he is much larger than he really is. The big dog in the pic just blows him off but he keeps on him all the time.

Big Lake Blondie
05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah...And the lab thinks he weighs 5 lbs...Go figure???:spineyes:

Slidellkid
05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Blondie,
That is one of the best looking labs I have ever seen...he is HUGE! Any chance he will be the future daddy of some pups?

Big Lake Blondie
05-13-2009, 09:48 PM
We are always up for breeding him if anyone has a female that's registered...We haven't yet...I'm sure he would be happy to:D

huntin fool
07-29-2009, 07:16 PM
here's annabelle.

bout to be three yrs old on labor day, has not calmed down one bit. she'll swim,snorkel,retrieve all day.

sorry for big pics, came off of my phone

"W"
07-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Kind of looks like salty.....

huntin fool
07-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Kind of looks like salty.....

from what tim said, thats bruce when he sees the babes

southern151
07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Here's my jack, min pin mix. He used to be a complete nut but has mellowed in the last couple o' 3 yrs. One is of him and my son. Another is with a squirrel he killed(He wasn't sure what to do when it didn't run from him any more:*****:) and, the last is him thinking he may have seen a squirrel...Not the sharpest critter but a HUGE member of the family!:)3072

Hopedale Hustler
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
this is mah big boy..his names Beaux...he aint but 9 1/2 months old and 82 lbs...but hes done growing...hes gonna be great this year during season..i couldnt ask for more wen i got him..hes my best bud..

adamsfence
07-29-2009, 08:29 PM
here is my male chocalate he is 7 named ace. have 2 more female black and a dang pug that is spoiled i'll get some pics later of them

huntin fool
07-29-2009, 09:50 PM
annabelle thinks she is 5 lbs and will fit in your lap :shaking:

Salty
07-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Here's my jack, min pin mix. He used to be a complete nut but has mellowed in the last couple o' 3 yrs. One is of him and my son.

This is a great pic...............:)

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3074&d=1248914041

southern151
07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks man! I'd dare you to mess with that kid that the dog "can't stand". My podnuh's lab stayed a while with us. I took my boy outside to meet Bear a few days after we came home. Jack hit the doggy door and then the lab. He "mauled" that lab all the way across the yard for just getting close enough to smell of the baby!

huntin fool
07-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks man! I'd dare you to mess with that kid that the dog "can't stand". My podnuh's lab stayed a while with us. I took my boy outside to meet Bear a few days after we came home. Jack hit the doggy door and then the lab. He "mauled" that lab all the way across the yard for just getting close enough to smell of the baby!

belle is the same way with me...touch me and she'll mess your world up