PDA

View Full Version : Fishing this weekend?

BassAssasin
02-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Anyone gonna brave the cold on saturday and hit the water?
Im gonna try a lil ice fishing in Henderson.

BassAssasin
02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
man it was so damn cold when we got out there sat. morning. we litteraly broke through ice at the bottom of the launch. Took 20 min to get the motor cranked. It warmed up pretty quick tho. We only fished till noon, caught 6 total 5 were keepers. Most were full of eggs and went back in the water. Average size about 2 lbs with one around 3. Water temp started out at 44 and warmed to 47. one fish on a spinnerbait and the rest on watermelon plastics. Fish were deeper than usuall

muttmechanic
02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
you fish whiskey bay near henderson?

BassAssasin
02-07-2011, 05:36 PM
nah we fished near the levee and Butte larose

RODBENDER
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Fished on the Calcasieu river Saturday. Got 12 bites. The largest fish went 2lbs. Had a tournment going on. There were alot of fish caught. The winning stringer went 11.75. Most fish caught on jigs, speed bugs, crankbaits. We had ice in our rods eyelets it was soo cold.

Ray
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Temps. are supposed to be in the 20's this Saturday.

LPfishnTIM
02-07-2011, 10:31 PM
man it was so damn cold when we got out there sat. morning. we litteraly broke through ice at the bottom of the launch. Took 20 min to get the motor cranked. It warmed up pretty quick tho. We only fished till noon, caught 6 total 5 were keepers. Most were full of eggs and went back in the water. Average size about 2 lbs with one around 3. Water temp started out at 44 and warmed to 47. one fish on a spinnerbait and the rest on watermelon plastics. Fish were deeper than usuall
yeah I'm fishing this saturday in the cold, bass will stay a little deeper in the cold and as it warms up they get closer to the bank but by the time it warms up the sun starts going down and they start going deeper again. I was catching them in 16ft of water two weeks ago.

BassAssasin
02-08-2011, 09:04 AM
yeah i'm fishing this saturday in the cold, bass will stay a little deeper in the cold and as it warms up they get closer to the bank but by the time it warms up the sun starts going down and they start going deeper again. I was catching them in 16ft of water two weeks ago.

in the basin !??

LPfishnTIM
02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
in the basin !??
I went to pearl river, I fish the basin mostly in june and july. I usually fish lake verret this time of year but since I've been catching fish at the pearl I don't want to waste my time else where. I've been hammering them there, I'll be there all day saturday.

muttmechanic
02-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I went to pearl river, I fish the basin mostly in june and july. I usually fish lake verret this time of year but since I've been catching fish at the pearl I don't want to waste my time else where. I've been hammering them there, I'll be there all day saturday.
i think I'm gonna be that way myself on saturday to poke around for reds and if not I guess I'll be heading north to the bass