PDA

View Full Version : Henderson

RatherBFishin
02-18-2011, 10:41 AM
I have driven over henderson a million times but have never been on the water. Can any of you help me out on where to launch? I see posts of Kern's landing but I cannot find it on google maps. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Opinions_Vary
02-18-2011, 10:44 AM
When you take the henderson exit turn on the road before the McDonalds. Stay on that road till you hit the levee then cross over the levee and that will be Kerns. You Don't even have to crank the motor they have a lot of fish right in that area.

southern151
02-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Is Kern's also where Turtle's Bar is at? If so, that's a real nice launch! Great group of folks that run the bar too!

I wonder if they're having the FrogFest again this year?

Montauk17
02-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Is Kern's also where Turtle's Bar is at? If so, that's a real nice launch! Great group of folks that run the bar too!

I wonder if they're having the FrogFest again this year?

Turtle's bar is the basin landing,nice launch

By-Catch
02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Kern's is directly across the levee from Pat's Resturant. Just a launch, no other amenities. Me and the wife will be fishing and then listening to Geno Delafousse further down the levee Sunday.

Gerald
02-18-2011, 06:26 PM
You may also consider launching at the launch on the east side of the Henderson Swamp area. The launch is right between the interstate.

jldsc
02-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Kern's is directly across the levee from Pat's Resturant. Just a launch, no other amenities. Me and the wife will be fishing and then listening to Geno Delafousse further down the levee Sunday.
hell yea wisky river!!

jakekern
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for inquiring about Kern's landing. Take I-10 exit 115, turn by Mc Donalds. this road will dead end at the levee. About 3 miles. When you get to the levee, don't turn right or left. Just cross the levee and your there. Come Visit. Jake Kern

By-Catch
02-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Jake, ever consider renting paddlecraft out of your place? Canoes/kayaks, perfect place for that type outing.

jakekern
02-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Yes this is in the plans. I'm in the process of making the landing even more paddlecraft friendy. I want to attract even more paddlecraft sportsmen as well as adventurers. Were close to alot of good fishing. Come by see us. Thanks for contributing.

RatherBFishin
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Sure thing Jake. I will be checking the area out very soon

Thanks for inquiring about Kern's landing. Take I-10 exit 115, turn by Mc Donalds. this road will dead end at the levee. About 3 miles. When you get to the levee, don't turn right or left. Just cross the levee and your there. Come Visit. Jake Kern