PDA

View Full Version : Ticketed.

iron man
02-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Got my first ticket today from the Game Warden! After 12 years of driving boats (on my own), I finally get a ticket...Wanna know what for? No life jackets in the boat. Now before Everyone goes yapping about how I should have life jackets and how I should check, listen up (actually read cuz you can't hear me over the internet no matter how hard I scream). #1 I am ADD (SHH!), #2 I was in my brothers boat (no excuse), #3 It is currently up for sale (don't know how much longer), and we took everything thats not going with it out, #4 It was more of a test run/fish trip before it being sold (hopefully tomorrow). GW was nice, not a a hole like some (not all) are...BTW, he is a Marine back in the 80s (still no help to me there). Almost the end, no fish, 1 bite, 1 ticket totaling $24.99. They are mostly checking for life jackets. :cheers:

coonass
02-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Got to have them

huntin fool
02-21-2011, 08:01 AM
you on a roll with the law this week dude

joshdomingue
02-21-2011, 12:22 PM
man that pic is hilarious!!!!

coonass
02-21-2011, 02:54 PM
yea, i dumped my coffee laughing when my buddy sent it to me and i though i would share seeing as this thread was life jacket related. lol

iron man
02-21-2011, 07:34 PM
This just aint my week.

southern151
02-21-2011, 08:24 PM
If a warning and a $25 ticket "just ain't your week," brace for impact! Lol! Life has a great deal more surprises to come!

LPfishnTIM
02-21-2011, 10:32 PM
If a warning and a $25 ticket "just ain't your week," brace for impact! Lol! Life has a great deal more surprises to come!
x10,000!!!! $25 that aint bad, I got stopped by the wlf game warden sunday, for the same reason,I had mine and wear it every time, I even fish with it on. then they wanted to see my fishing liscense, I go reach for the wallet and they say "never mind, we will take your word for it!" I was kinda thinking why they was bothering me, I was fishing and there is dang cigarette boats and ski boats flying around disturbing my peace, but I know they have rights to pleasure boat, just as much as I have the right to fish, but dang at least they can slow down and not send a huge wake disturbing every fisher.

SaltyShaw
02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
man that pic is hilarious!!!!

I agree lol hard

YellowMouth7
02-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I got a warning in Henderson for having not taken a boaters saftey course.....apparently its a new law that I was not aware of that if you are born after 1984 you must complete a boaters saftey course. This Game Warden was also very nice, but did give my stupid buddy a ticket for no License :-(
He let us fish while he wrote the tickets and let us finish out our day......for all of you fisherman born after 1984 go to LA dept of wildlife and fisheries and regester for your boating class.

TB

iron man
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Ah its no big deal for me. This week is going much better already as I only shot a +3 today at LSU golf course. Much better than I normally do.

Gerald
02-22-2011, 11:46 PM
I got a warning in Henderson for having not taken a boaters saftey course.....apparently its a new law that I was not aware of that if you are born after 1984 you must complete a boaters saftey course. This Game Warden was also very nice, but did give my stupid buddy a ticket for no License :-(
He let us fish while he wrote the tickets and let us finish out our day......for all of you fisherman born after 1984 go to LA dept of wildlife and fisheries and regester for your boating class.

TB

This was topic was discussed on most Hunting & Fishing web sites.

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2105&highlight=boating+laws

LPfishnTIM
02-23-2011, 06:31 AM
I gotz mine but they never ask for if I have taken the class when they stop me.

YellowMouth7
02-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the link Gerald

TB