PDA

View Full Version : Lacassine Refuge Pool Rules and Regs

BigChaf
03-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Do the Feds post the rules and regs for 2011 on the internet for the Lacassine Pool or is that technology to advanced. It may be best idea to call. Are 40hp outboards allowed for the 2011 season? Would like the answer to other questions as well.

LPfishnTIM
03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I definitly gonna check out the pool this year, I got a 35 on a 14ft john. sticker actually says 25 but its a 35.

Jedi Lure Tricks
03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
i wonder if they will even open lacassine on time or even at all this year. it's so low, i hear there is just inches of water at the old launch. anyone been out there lately to take a look at the water level??:confused:

gonzalesdave
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Tim- if you go and have room, let me know. I want to check this place out and have no boat to go.

LPfishnTIM
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
will do, last year there was the pics of 10lders caught in there was insane, never caught a bass over 6lds. keep posting about it until it opens maybe it will be good after these rain storms come through.

Lake Chuck Duck
03-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Its gonna need a solid week of rain, non stop, to fill that place up.

Purple Back
03-08-2011, 08:20 AM
FYI:

From a very reliable source (who will not be named), I was told they shocked and tagged over 1500 bass. Out of this 1500 bass they seen multiple fish between 8 to 11 pounds. They shocked for 3 consecutive days. Reported fish are already on there beds.

The pool will open 3-15-11 !!!

Water Level: Most trails are very low. Places that held 2 ft of water last year will be dry. If your are familiar with the west side you will notice the short cut trail into the little north pond only has 3 inches of water. The south pound has mounds of dirt in it now. It does seem however the east side is holding more water.

Tagging: The tagged fish are part of some promotional study. I believe they will reward anglers who report the catch to LDWF with prizes of some sort. I am still unsure as to what you will gain by reporting the catch but I do know this is part of a study.

It is important to note that this all took place before we got 4 inches of ran this past Saturday.

huntin fool
03-08-2011, 08:48 AM
FYI:

From a very reliable source (who will not be named), I was told they shocked and tagged over 1500 bass. Out of this 1500 bass they seen multiple fish between 8 to 11 pounds. They shocked for 3 consecutive days. Reported fish are already on there beds.

The pool will open 3-15-11 !!!

Water Level: Most trails are very low. Places that held 2 ft of water last year will be dry. If your are familiar with the west side you will notice the short cut trail into the little north pond only has 3 inches of water. The south pound has mounds of dirt in it now. It does seem however the east side is holding more water.

Tagging: The tagged fish are part of some promotional study. I believe they will reward anglers who report the catch to LDWF with prizes of some sort. I am still unsure as to what you will gain by reporting the catch but I do know this is part of a study.

It is important to note that this all took place before we got 4 inches of ran this past Saturday.

Heard the same thing on some studs they shocked up.. Tim you'll have a better chance with your big fish at the opening time with them being on there beds.

Shawn Braquet
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Fool we may have to make a couple of trips this year and try and beat my 9# on the wall!!

huntin fool
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Fool we may have to make a couple of trips this year and try and beat my 9# on the wall!!

I'm down..ya know ya gotta head my way in order to get there........:D:rolleyes:

BigChaf
03-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Are 40 hp outboards allowed this year?

LPfishnTIM
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
They had 300 over 10lbs
DAAANNNGGGG! opening day is 3/15, do I have to get a permit to fish there?

SULPHITE
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
nope but is similar to Black Friday opening morning...

http://cdn.babble.com/being-pregnant/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Black_Friday1.jpg

Better leave grandma at home too...
http://whiterevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/black_friday_trample_lg.jpg

Tried to find the pic of all the vehicles at Lac. for opening day...crazy...

Raymond
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
They might be waiting awhile if the fed govt shuts down. I remember the 94 shut down but maybe it won't last as long.

Purple Back
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
no you dont, open morning the line will be as far as the eye can see. There will be peple in line Monday drinking and b-b-q ing. They have a cable at the entrance and one of the refuge guys will open it when it is legal to enter

Drinking, boiling crawfish, drinking some more, strategyzing the morning locations, and the occasional throw down usually takes place.

Can't believe I am going to miss it this year! Got to grow up some day I guess.

"W"
03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Drinking, boiling crawfish, drinking some more, strategyzing the morning locations, and the occasional throw down usually takes place.

ahwww good ol days........Last time I fished there opening day was at least 10 years ago...... 12 of us with boats....got there at 7pm the night before... BBQ a brisket and drank lots of beer and told lies all night....buddy put a sleeper on the back of his truck..we sleep 10 of us in there the other two..sleep somewhere we still dont know:eek:

Purple Back
03-08-2011, 03:23 PM
ahwww good ol days........Last time I fished there opening day was at least 10 years ago...... 12 of us with boats....got there at 7pm the night before... BBQ a brisket and drank lots of beer and told lies all night....buddy put a sleeper on the back of his truck..we sleep 10 of us in there the other two..sleep somewhere we still dont know:eek:

Yeah, I don't ever remember not having a headache for opening morning.
W, I did not know you was a bass fisherman.

Bluechip
03-08-2011, 03:25 PM
W, I did not know you was a *** fisherman.

:eek:.....

LPfishnTIM
03-08-2011, 03:35 PM
:p:*****:

"W"
03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
W, I did not know you was a bass fisherman.

Hell yea...when i was in High School all we did was bass fish.....I grew up fishing in Miami Corp....and the Pool....just as i got older stuck to saltwater more...

Purple Back
03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Hell yea...when i was in High School all we did was bass fish.....I grew up fishing in Miami Corp....and the Pool....just as i got older stuck to saltwater more...

Got ya; I seem to recall you saying you have yet to boat one above 6 lbs. Reason I was asking.:D

"W"
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Got ya; I seem to recall you saying you have yet to boat one above 6 lbs. Reason I was asking.:D

never got one much over 6lbs...lots of nice marsh bass in the 5-6 range but never boated a hog..lost a few nice ones in the pool....dont know what they would of went..........

huntin fool
03-08-2011, 06:54 PM
never got one much over 6lbs...lots of nice marsh bass in the 5-6 range but never boated a hog..lost a few nice ones in the pool....dont know what they would of went..........

Thats weak baw

"W"
03-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Thats weak baw

How many trout you boated over 6lbs???? Welcher

whunter29
03-08-2011, 11:13 PM
W catches all of them big trout because trout are easier to catch than bass.lol I know this first hand because my first trout ever caught was 26 inches in length in Vermillion Bay.

Lake Chuck Duck
03-09-2011, 07:28 AM

You know first hand about them throw downs dont ya? You dont look for them but they always seem to find ya!

huntin fool
03-09-2011, 08:06 AM
How many trout you boated over 6lbs???? Welcher

were talking bass here midget. Never seen a trout in the pool

Purple Back
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
You know first hand about them throw downs dont ya? You dont look for them but they always seem to find ya!

Sore subject.....I always enjoyed it but my wife didn't.;)

Lake Chuck Duck
03-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Sore subject.....I always enjoyed it but my wife didn't.;)

You gonna go the first weekend?

Purple Back
03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
You gonna go the first weekend?

Yeah, probably going to go Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon, and Saturday.......Maybe Sunday too, if the wife approves. You want to hook up for a trip?

Lake Chuck Duck
03-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah, probably going to go Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon, and Saturday.......Maybe Sunday too, if the wife approves. You want to hook up for a trip?

I will let you go scout thurs and fri. Then I will go with you on saturday after you have found the fish. Hows that sound?

Purple Back
03-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Sounds shady........

Jordan
03-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Sounds sh*tty........
:rolleyes:

Lake Chuck Duck
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Sounds shady........

You know me! But for reals I will be off that friday so I will prolly be hittin it then too.