PDA

View Full Version : Squealers

huntin fool
07-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Any of yall ever get any during duck season...we call em mexican squealers, think they are actually called whistling ducks??

dumest duck i have ever seen!

had some cross my backyard with their babys few days back.

DCBCTodd
07-25-2009, 10:32 PM
We shoot them in little chenier all season long. They are great to eat. A little tougher than teal but still have a great taste. I just marinate them a little longer before the go on the grill.

Sometimes you can shoot the same group two or three times is you keep shooting the lead bird.

huntin fool
07-25-2009, 10:37 PM
We shoot them in little chenier all season long. They are great to eat. A little tougher than teal but still have a great taste. I just marinate them a little longer before the go on the grill.

Sometimes you can shoot the same group two or three times is you keep shooting the lead bird.

youth weekend i dropped 3 in one shot.. i was PUMPED UP! they loved my mojo...i hunted out of a stomp, so sometimes they would buzz (slow flyers) right over me, i'd pop up and blast der butts! i can almost do their whistle..

DCBCTodd
07-25-2009, 11:37 PM
i can almost do their whistle..

Just get a 6-n-1 whistle and cover the top hole with two fingers...it sounds just like a squealer.

yak'em-n-stack'em
07-26-2009, 09:44 AM
yea, todd and I have been known to mow down a limit in one flock haha, they always seem to make a circle over you when you shoot one.

they are a really good duck though

Ray
07-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I hunted alligators in the Laccasine Pool for 6 years. It was full of them during Sept.

huntin fool
07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I hunted alligators in the Laccasine Pool for 6 years. It was full of them during Sept.

during season in lacassine they would fly right before daylight and way to high....lil burns, they would fly way too low and allday...

Reel Bender
07-27-2009, 05:19 PM
They should be good!!!! Around here they are Corn Fed!! My dad has about 30-50 that raid his bird feeders.

Hopedale Hustler
07-28-2009, 12:21 PM
went ridin on the lease yesterday...must of seen 50 of thses all piled up on the edge of the timber...we shot a few last year..they eat reall good and are very pretty ducks...but they have alot of em onthe lease now..somebody told me they dont migrate much when they find a place they like...

huntin fool
07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
went ridin on the lease yesterday...must of seen 50 of thses all piled up on the edge of the timber...we shot a few last year..they eat reall good and are very pretty ducks...but they have alot of em onthe lease now..somebody told me they dont migrate much when they find a place they like...

i heard they dont migrate much either...once they find a place thats not freezing cold year around they stay....i always heard they was nasty?

Hopedale Hustler
07-28-2009, 12:31 PM
nah fool..mah podnuh and me shot 3 last year..they tasted just like a wood duck or a widgeon to me...pretty good...

Hopedale Hustler
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
if i do shoot one big enough this year ima get it mounted..they cool lookin

yak'em-n-stack'em
07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
the squeelers we kill always have alot of lice on them though, so watch that