PDA

View Full Version : Need reel help real bad...

killa k
07-26-2009, 08:14 PM
ALL of my baitcast reels are fouled up right now with the same problem. The line guide is sticking on the worm gear when it gets to the side of the reel. It could be either side, sometimes it sticks for a turn or two then keeps on going or sometimes it will stay stuck until I manually get it moving. If I apply pressure to the guide at all it doesn't get stuck, it doesn't take much, just leaving my finger on it is usually enough. Cleaned and lubed them but they still don't work right. Any ideas on what is wrong are appreciated, got 7 reels out of commission right now.

"W"
07-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Get you some Shimano Curados .....Dont have to worry about that!!!!

REELMAN on here repairs and cleans them.....LOOk HIM UP!!!!

speckdaddy
07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
ya may have a buncha trash or lotsa grease in there causin it ta jump and get stuck.strip em down and clean the worm gear clean. then check it out

killa k
07-26-2009, 08:31 PM
If I only had an extra $1500 laying around...

REELMAN has a thread in the classifieds, I may have to make a trip to Bell City this week if I can't figure this out.

Reelman
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Bring them by the shop and I'll get them going. I appreciate a chance to work on your reels.

Thanks Reelman

Salty
07-26-2009, 09:42 PM
ALL of my baitcast reels are fouled up right now with the same problem. The line guide is sticking on the worm gear when it gets to the side of the reel. It could be either side, sometimes it sticks for a turn or two then keeps on going or sometimes it will stay stuck until I manually get it moving. If I apply pressure to the guide at all it doesn't get stuck, it doesn't take much, just leaving my finger on it is usually enough. Cleaned and lubed them but they still don't work right. Any ideas on what is wrong are appreciated, got 7 reels out of commission right now.

I had a Curado that was doin' that and had to have the worm replaced. What kinda reels ya got?

Deadly D
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I had a Curado that was doin' that and had to have the worm replaced. What kinda reels ya got?
Sounds like ambassadors, there good for that

Natural Light Kid
07-27-2009, 02:15 PM
curados are capable of doing this too. amabassadors are famous for it. cleaning them up good and getting the excess lube out of the way would be a good thing, but he pawl needs to be changed. possibly the worm gears too.

jpeff31787
07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
sounds like ambassadors.. Underneath your line guide you'll see where you can unscrew it with a flathead screw driver. Unscrew it and you'll find a little cylindrical peice with a flat u-shaped thing coming off of it. (at least it used of look like a u) Look at it and its probably messed up, so run to academy at get you some new ones they aren't expensive like 3 bucks for a new one. I run threw them all the time. I wish i knew what they were called but i forget, cuz i started buying shimanos

longcast
07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
i always fished with ambassadors.had many problems with them if you fish salt water.i now have 3 curados and fish salt every week.not one prob with shimano.you get what you pay for.

wtretrievers
07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
sounds like ambassadors.. Underneath your line guide you'll see where you can unscrew it with a flathead screw driver. Unscrew it and you'll find a little cylindrical peice with a flat u-shaped thing coming off of it. (at least it used of look like a u) Look at it and its probably messed up, so run to academy at get you some new ones they aren't expensive like 3 bucks for a new one. I run threw them all the time. I wish i knew what they were called but i forget, cuz i started buying shimanos
It's called a Paul or paw? Take the cap screw off & mark it & then turn it 180 degrees & see if it helps. If it does it will last you for a few more trips but will need replacing before long. Have also been in the middle of fishing & one start doing that, you can pull that cap screw off & put a tiny piece of paper (shim) in the cap & it will make through the day.