PDA

View Full Version : Pork gravy

Ray
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Cooked up some pork gravy to go over some rice for tonight.
Gonna be swolled up after supper.

Ray
04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I'll be eatin good in the neighborhood...

Bluechip
04-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Looks like enough for a few. Be there in a few minutes lol.

Ray
04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Got a loaf of fresh bread to clean the pot with too...

Bluechip
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Got a loaf of fresh bread to clean the pot with too...

Dats Right !!!!!

specktator
04-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice! I cooked the same thing last night and ate it for lunch today too!

adamsfence
04-07-2011, 05:15 PM
i cooked that tuesday eatin it again tonight.....mine didn't look that good though i did some pork chops in mine

mikedatiger
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Cooked up some pork gravy to go over some rice for tonight.
Gonna be swolled up after supper.

Ray, you need to start posting recipes...

Ray
04-07-2011, 06:23 PM
This one is real easy. Just takes some time.
Every Wed. I go to Market Basket and buy every meat on sale.
Right now, I have 10 lbs. of chicken wings and 2 pork roasts on the smoker.

I bought 2 packs of pork looking stew meat on sale and seasoned with Tonys and put in a ziplock overnight in the fridge.
Today, took a papertowel with oil and wiped the whole inside of the pot.
Browned the meat real good, then chunked in about 6 nice sized yeller onions chopped up. Stir occaisionally until the onions are real soft and the bottom of the pot is covered with brown grot.
Add a lil water and get all the grot off the bottom. This is the good stuff that makes the gravy browner and gooder.
Cover and let the bottom turn brown again. I go by smell. When it smells like it is almost ready to burn, remove cover and add a lil water again and scrape all the grot off the bottom.
Once the onions are all cooked to nothing, I add about 6 more nice sized onions that are chopped up and stir in. Cover and let them cook down, these get more of the grot off the bottom. Add what ever seasoning you like at this time. I like any brand of Creole Seasoning.
Repeat adding water, letting the bottom of the pot brown, adding water... ect. untill the meat is real tender and about to fall apart.
Cook some rice and eat dat.
The more onions, the better the flavor.
I don't like crunchy onions in my gravy. I cook them down real good.

blackmamba
04-07-2011, 08:47 PM
This one is real easy. Just takes some time.
Every Wed. I go to Market Basket and buy every meat on sale.
Right now, I have 10 lbs. of chicken wings and 2 pork roasts on the smoker.

I bought 2 packs of pork looking stew meat on sale and seasoned with Tonys and put in a ziplock overnight in the fridge.
Today, took a papertowel with oil and wiped the whole inside of the pot.
Browned the meat real good, then chunked in about 6 nice sized yeller onions chopped up. Stir occaisionally until the onions are real soft and the bottom of the pot is covered with brown grot.
Add a lil water and get all the grot off the bottom. This is the good stuff that makes the gravy browner and gooder.
Cover and let the bottom turn brown again. I go by smell. When it smells like it is almost ready to burn, remove cover and add a lil water again and scrape all the grot off the bottom.
Once the onions are all cooked to nothing, I add about 6 more nice sized onions that are chopped up and stir in. Cover and let them cook down, these get more of the grot off the bottom. Add what ever seasoning you like at this time. I like any brand of Creole Seasoning.
Repeat adding water, letting the bottom of the pot brown, adding water... ect. untill the meat is real tender and about to fall apart.
Cook some rice and eat dat.
The more onions, the better the flavor.
I don't like crunchy onions in my gravy. I cook them down real good.

That's it. When you think you are burning the meat..let it brown another 5 minutes

Ray
04-08-2011, 09:03 AM
It is really simple and not a lot of things to do. Just takes some time.
I can show you easier than I can tell you.
Just get what ever meat is on sale and cook it till it is tender.

Ray
04-08-2011, 09:05 AM
One other thing, if you cook it in a black pot, you can't tell when the bottom is turning brown. Them old Magnalite pots are good cause of the color difference.
But black pots are still good for this.