PDA

View Full Version : Sandblaster

Red Devil
04-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Anybody know where I can rent a portable sandlaster? I have a utility trailer I need to get painted and would like to sandblast the metal instead of wire wheelin.

booyagasha
04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
how bad is the rust....is it all over?? or just spot rust? for thick spot rust, you can beat the **** out of it via hammer. For quicker spot rust removal, i would suggest needle gun. i think this would be a better idea, and less expensive than a sandblast pot, sand, and compressor to run it. but if you still need to sandblast....any offshore tool rental company shouldn't be a problem ..dont forget the hood, hood line, and a/c unit

Red Devil
04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
how bad is the rust....is it all over?? or just spot rust? for thick spot rust, you can beat the **** out of it via hammer. For quicker spot rust removal, i would suggest needle gun. i think this would be a better idea, and less expensive than a sandblast pot, sand, and compressor to run it. but if you still need to sandblast....any offshore tool rental company shouldn't be a problem ..dont forget the hood, hood line, and a/c unit
It's really just surface rust. I was thinkin about blasting with soda or pecan shells jsut to clean it up. It's not pitted, so a needle gun and heavy blasting is not needed. Just want to spruce it up. Got a good deal on trade. Ole boy wanted my 6 1/2 x 12 single axle and even swapped a 6.5 x 18 dual axle pipe. Just needs a face lift and new boards.

meaux fishing
04-12-2011, 08:52 PM
You may try bringing it by DeHart shipyard in abbeville. Probably get the whole thing blasted for under $100 I got a 4 x 4 frame for a kubota side by side blasted for like $25 there

fishinpox
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Bring it to br I got a guy who will blast n powder coat it

booyagasha
04-12-2011, 09:09 PM
if you can,,,take it to fishinpox or meaux' the equipment is costly, and the places you would get them at , services oil lined pockets. having a buddy that paint/blast is always a good thing. paint it with some industrial offshore grade paint-----and it'd be sure not to rust for a longgggg time

ps ..if its just surface...i'd imagine some coarse sandpaper and wire brush should do the trick..
(damn near painted a 800 foot boat like that...)

Red Devil
04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Just found out my stepdaughters boyfriend has a portable blaster and we're gonna take care of it in the farm shop.