PDA

View Full Version : fourchon

yak'em-n-stack'em
08-06-2009, 10:06 PM
anyone gonna be down there this weekend?

im thinking about going down tomorrow night and either getting a room or staying in my truck. anyone else down? i am gonna bring my kayak so if anyone else wants too

my boss was down there today doing some assessments and said the reds were in 8 inches of water busting topwater

fishinpox
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
i fish fourchon quite regualry and latley the specks have been on the small side . we did find some decent reds in fourchon but had better luck in golden meadow duck ponds hitting the run outs with spinner baits.

Salty
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
i fish fourchon quite regualry and latley the specks have been on the small side . we did find some decent reds in fourchon but had better luck in golden meadow duck ponds hitting the run outs with spinner baits.

Pox, you fishin' the Gulf side of the Timbalier rocks?

fishinpox
08-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Pox, you fishin' the Gulf side of the Timbalier rocks?

i havnt been fishing timbilier to much the rocks are scattered dont wanna tear up boat we have been fishing calumet island , casse-tete, brush islands and the shell island (dont know the name) . it was pretty decent earlier this year but latley they have been all small. i belive i wont speck fish that area for awhile im gonna stick to venice for the time being but every so often i wanna catch reds and we will head to g-med / fourchon .

Ray
08-06-2009, 11:17 PM
There is a big reef we fished call 4 Piles. We fished it with Bob G. from Between the Banks. It isn't far from Fourchon, to the West in the bay. But that was Specks, not Redfish. We did catch a few good sized Reds with our Specks at a place called Northwest Point Rigs. It is West of Leeville.