PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water city

Miketrout
06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Plan on going out if weather permits on the 4th of July weekend.... Have any body been out I'n that area fishing lately? We only got 50 gallons of gas so we kinda limited to how for we go. Any tips can help us bait,rig number,whaTever u feel like sharing... We always try to catch mullet at the dock but it's not always promising! Thanks

Miketrout
06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Anything frozen at academy would work like the chum are frozen bait? An any other particular thing i can use for chum that is good to use.. I would like to catch some dolphin also..

jpeff31787
06-23-2011, 06:58 AM
we usually buy pogies from a place in krotz springs.. i don't know where it is though but maybe someone else knows

cabwiz2
06-23-2011, 07:16 AM
You can buy poggies at academy. I went out of there a few weeks ago and had to go far to get into the snapper. Normally I cant get away from them but that weekend for some reason they were no where to be found closer in. I think we had to run like 42 miles to find them. All the rigs before that were loaded with Redfish. And also the trout rigs were basically sitting in muddy water. The water at them looked like the water at the launch.

jpeff31787
06-23-2011, 07:26 AM
You can buy poggies at academy. I went out of there a few weeks ago and had to go far to get into the snapper. Normally I cant get away from them but that weekend for some reason they were no where to be found closer in. I think we had to run like 42 miles to find them. All the rigs before that were loaded with Redfish. And also the trout rigs were basically sitting in muddy water. The water at them looked like the water at the launch.

how far out were the redfish.. that'd be fun to go catch! Does anyone ever trout fish out there? I'd like to go try it but would have to be extra choosy on the days I go with a 19ft bay boat

Top Dawg
06-23-2011, 08:41 AM
They have some sunk boats and rocks about 35 miles SW of the mouth. Bout 95' of water.If you have a gulf map u can find it on there.

jpeff31787
06-23-2011, 08:44 AM
They have some sunk boats and rocks about 35 miles SW of the mouth. Bout 95' of water.If you have a gulf map u can find it on there.

damn that would be awesome to fish. Where can i find a gulf map?

cabwiz2
06-23-2011, 08:59 AM
how far out were the redfish.. that'd be fun to go catch! Does anyone ever trout fish out there? I'd like to go try it but would have to be extra choosy on the days I go with a 19ft bay boat
We caught them out to about 38 miles. Every drop at 5 rigs in a row came up with a redfish.

jpeff31787
06-23-2011, 09:05 AM
We caught them out to about 38 miles. Every drop at 5 rigs in a row came up with a redfish.

some big ones I guess? That'd be pretty fun on the spec rods. I guess specs wouldn't go quite that far out. I saw once that big white trout can be caught far out, have you ever experienced that?

Dink
06-23-2011, 09:05 AM
J.....you can't keep redfish past the 3# mile line

Top Dawg
06-23-2011, 09:06 AM
damn that would be awesome to fish. Where can i find a gulf map?

Maybe academy. Or order one. Mine is old. It's a Top Spot map. Shows rig blocks rigs some rocks and wrecks.

Dink
06-23-2011, 10:24 AM
J....west marine has block maps

cabwiz2
06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
some big ones I guess? That'd be pretty fun on the spec rods. I guess specs wouldn't go quite that far out. I saw once that big white trout can be caught far out, have you ever experienced that?
I haven't caught any white trout that far out. Well I have but it was only on about 20 or so feet of water. aT EI72 I think. As far as redfish on the speck rod in 60-80' of water I doubt you could get them in. They will probably just pull you into the rig and break you off. Also it is kind of hard to pull in a 10-20 lb fish up that far with a little rod.

Miketrout
06-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Ordered a fish an line map for the gulf will those sunken boats be on that map

Miketrout
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Do u know how far we haft to go to get I'n some good water.... An how far out was those reds at the rigs even tho u can't keep reds past 3 miles the women would love to real those I'n....

Top Dawg
06-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Those sunk boats should be on there. Like I said my map is from the 80's. There may be more on the new maps.

Miketrout
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Those sunk boats should be on there. Like I said my map is from the 80's. There may be more on the new maps.

Don't mean to bother u, but did u take to notice any bait fish I'n the canal... We use to cast net for mullet an they had plenty but i havent been there I'n about a year.... Any i dear how far the good water starts where it doesn't look like creamy coffee... Lol