PDA

View Full Version : Super Soaker Weekend

Big Flounder
08-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Took the kids camping at Yogi Bear in Robert this weekend for super soaker weekend. I have never in my life seen so many adults play like that before in my life. It was a blast! Golf carts full of people all strapped with some sort of water gun ambushing people from one end of the camp ground to the other at all times of the day. When we pulled in the camp ground we were given a zip lock bag for our cell phones at the check in desk. I had no idea how serious this was. These campers don't play. Any way, I went shopping for the kids and I a few guns to bring with us so we didn't get caught empty handed. Well, we would have been better off empty handed. Alot of people had these homemade water blasters made out of PVC that litterally blew our guns out of our hands. Next time I plan to be prepared. Does any one have any experiance making these things? I have googled them and found a few ideas. Just want to hear yours if you have any.

LittleRob
08-09-2009, 08:29 PM
How long did you have reservations, we tried to get some last month and they said it was a long waite

Big Flounder
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
How long did you have reservations, we tried to get some last month and they said it was a long waite
We made them a week ahead. There was alot of open spots. Not sure why they told you that. Have you ever been there? Our kids and us love that place! We are going back for holloween this year.

CatDaddy
08-09-2009, 08:57 PM
We made them a week ahead. There was alot of open spots. Not sure why they told you that. Have you ever been there? Our kids and us love that place! We are going back for holloween this year.

Got a place to fish around there?

Big Flounder
08-09-2009, 09:41 PM
There is a little pond there that you are allowed to fish. I've seen a few people fishing but no one catching anything. I've been there twice and haven't tried yet. You are about twenty minutes from Pontratrain though.

Marshrat
08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Got a place to fish around there?

I was there a couple of years ago and tried the pond. Too much grass, bait couldn't sink, and did not catch a fish. All most caught one of the resident ducks when I pulled a jig across the top of the water trying to catch some bream.

Warren

scatv
08-10-2009, 10:00 AM
We went last month had a blast. The first time I had been there for the super soaker weekend. Them pvc guns are awesome. But last week I got a letter in the mail stating that homemade guns and pumps are no longer allowed only store bought guns.

Big Flounder
08-10-2009, 10:03 AM
We went last month had a blast. The first time I had been there for the super soaker weekend. Them pvc guns are awesome. But last week I got a letter in the mail stating that homemade guns and pumps are no longer allowed only store bought guns.
Yeah thats what I was told too but every one had them. It was probably the best time I have had with the kids in a long time!

Finfeatherfur
08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
That sounds like fun, well - probably more like a "blast" than "fun"! -

Is it the same weekend every year?

Big Flounder
08-10-2009, 10:14 AM
That sounds like fun, well - probably more like a "blast" than "fun"! -

Is it the same weekend every year?
Not sure if it's the same time every year. I just learned that I live about 25 minutes from this place so we have been going every month. You can go to their web site ang look at their calender and it will tell you the activities they have every weekend. Great family spot.

CatDaddy
08-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Not sure if it's the same time every year. I just learned that I live about 25 minutes from this place so we have been going every month. You can go to their web site ang look at their calender and it will tell you the activities they have every weekend. Great family spot.

WHats the link?

Big Flounder
08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
WHats the link?
http://www.jellystonela.com/

CatDaddy
08-10-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.jellystonela.com/

Thanks

BigCoon
08-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Looks like a neat place.

Hopedale Hustler
08-10-2009, 01:38 PM
man i got into mah first fight over there when i was 14...hahah..its right around the corner from mah mommas house...its a blast during the summer...alot of memories at night on that beach if ya know wat im sayin...i hate the northshore though..haha

Hopedale Hustler
08-10-2009, 01:40 PM
cat daddy btw...its on the river..great bass fishing..we used to hit it all the time when we was younger...

southern151
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
What river is that? Amite or Tickfaw? Looks like a cool place and isn't that far away from the house. I may have to try to talk the wife into goin. It looks like they got stuff to do for even the toddler ages, huh?

Big Flounder
08-10-2009, 06:33 PM
What river is that? Amite or Tickfaw? Looks like a cool place and isn't that far away from the house. I may have to try to talk the wife into goin. It looks like they got stuff to do for even the toddler ages, huh?
Not sure what river that is. I have never fished that area. They have stuff there for all ages. On saturday nights they either have a band or a dj in their dance hall and all the kids get out there and show there best moves. It's funny. Kids any age can go down the water slide, canoe, kayak, or paddle boat all weekend long. There is kiddie pools and slides too. You can either rent a cabin, bring your camper, or pitch a tent. The only thing you pay extra for is the big water slide and it is only $10.00 a day.

scatv
08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Out of all the campgrounds we have gone to the jelly stone parks are by far the best for a family. From the time the kids wake up in the morning till dark they have stuff for them to do. Don't as much as hear once "I'm borreeed" or "there's nooottthing to do". The one in Lake Charles has karaoke on Sat. nights. Not as big or shady as Robert but a lot closer for me, and Big Lake is right there.

Ray
08-10-2009, 10:54 PM
I think it is the Tangipahoa(sp?) River. The company I work for has a training center just north of Hwy. 190 in Robert. It was a nice place until I had to spend a few weeks a year in Robert learning crap I don't want to learn...

LittleRob
08-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Hell a bunch of Saltycajuns should get together and make a weekend. Friends, family and some Super Soakers sounds like fun.

scatv
08-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Hell a bunch of Saltycajuns should get together and make a weekend. Friends, family and some Super Soakers sounds like fun.
Count me in!

Big Flounder
08-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I have the last weekend in October reserved for some trick or treating fun but when we reserved they only had 4 spots left open. I'm in though! Let me know what weekend.

southern151
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I think I'm gonna get on the site and see if they got some cabins open anytime soon. I know the holiday is coming up be maybe after that. I need to get the wife away from the house for a weekend anyway.