PDA

View Full Version : Biloxi Trip

Finfeatherfur
08-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Just getting back to the office and getting some work done following a short trip to Biloxi/Gulfport. Had a great time w/ the kids taking them by boat to Ship Island and enjoyed watching a bunch of coonass kids catching the crap out of some crabs w/ just dip nets. It was funny, all the screaming and running, crabs everywhere. You would have sworn they were starving!

The accomadations were second to none since we stayed at the Beau View. Guys, if you want to impress your wife, get a room there for the weekend. Too much to list, but she will be in the bathroom for hours, trust me! They are that nice!

Kudos to the volunteers and park rangers out at Ship Island, very cool and clean! Grand Isle could take some lessons from these men and women! The weather tried throwing a wrench in our plans, but we were diligent and snuck through it! All in all, grade is a "A-" for this trip, would have been a "A+" but the fishing sucked!

Hopedale Hustler
08-10-2009, 02:16 PM
cool cool..i think i stayed in that hotel during scrapin the coast.

live to fish
08-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Louisiana could take tips from Miss. They know where there money maker is and they take care of it.

Hopedale Hustler
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
yaa but there coast isnt losing 500 yards a year..

Chris Havoc
08-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Glad you had a good time over this way FFF! They do a good job keeping ship pretty clean but some of the other islands arent quite as clean! I've been knocking the idea around in my head about getting together boats and volunteers and have a trash day out there. Make some kind of event out of it.

Sorry to hear you didnt get on the fish. We were down saturday....mostly just running from Squalls, but we did manage to catch a nice mess of white trout and a couple of flounder!