PDA

View Full Version : thinking of getting a kayak

BIG RED 1983
08-17-2011, 11:29 AM
never been in a kayak before but interested in getting one any ideas for a beginer.

Also places i could go fishing in it i live in laf so places around laf would be good and have inlaws that live in lc so places over there would also be good

Thanks for any advice on kayak and any fishing spots

weedeater
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
never been in a kayak before but interested in getting one any ideas for a beginer.

Also places i could go fishing in it i live in laf so places around laf would be good and have inlaws that live in lc so places over there would also be good

Thanks for any advice on kayak and any fishing spots

there are a few on here for sale that I think may be riged out and some are in your area...look in classafied under boats

RAGINJROB
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Make sure to demo before you buy. Check out Pack and Paddle since you are near Lafayette. There are plenty of good places to fish around Lafayette and Lake Charles out of a yak.

huggybro
08-18-2011, 01:23 AM
+2 on Pack and Paddle. The have a great selection and usually have demo days at Lake Martin every month or two. I have bought two boats from them. They also sponsor the Laf Kayak Fishing Club.

FF_T_Warren
08-18-2011, 01:46 AM
also check out the backpacker. great people to deal with. and they also do big demo days with sales pretty regularly.

flounderpounder
08-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Check the forum at Www.lafayettekayakfishing.com. There is currently a native 14' for sale.

bmac
08-18-2011, 09:11 AM
If you call pack and paddle they will bring whatever kayaks you want to try on the following Saturday morning for a demo, for free!

eman
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
I know you over in the berry but cabelas in gonzales is having a kayak try before you buy ( demo) this sat & sun from 9 till noon.