PDA

View Full Version : Baffin Bay/Landcut 8-20

jeffreyv05
08-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Sorry for the late report...fished in a little charity tournament out of Corpus Christi last week with some family. Made the run south to Baffin and found a few trout,though not much size. Went further south (another 7-8 miles south of Baffin) to the Landcut and found the fish. Had our 40 trout within an hour, though the biggest was only around 4 pounds which didnt cut it in the tournament. Fish caught on a mix of Norton Sand Eels and croaker. All in all a great time.

Micah
08-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Nice!!

Hopedale Hustler
08-27-2011, 01:01 PM
That's looks like where they was hangin them gator trout...good stuff though man

DUCKGOGETTER
08-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Nice!!! Thanks for the report

Big Kahunaz
08-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Nice catch. Any recommendations on where to stay to fish baffin bay. Never been but would like to make a trip next spring.

Ray
08-27-2011, 03:51 PM
What's the limit over there???

jeffreyv05
08-27-2011, 04:12 PM
10 trout per person. In Port Mansfield (further south another 20-30 miles) they lowered it to 5 trout per person.

jeffreyv05
08-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Nice catch. Any recommendations on where to stay to fish baffin bay. Never been but would like to make a trip next spring.

Its about a 20-30 mile boat ride from the boat ramps in Corpus to Baffin, which is what most of the guides that fish that area do. The town of Rivera is on the backside of Baffin, its a very small town but there are quite a few cabins/cottages for rent and a few lodges down there. There are also ALOT of floating cabins on Baffin that people rent out, which I still want to try one day as apparently the trout at night under the lights on the floating cabins are amazing. I think this is what I want to do some time next spring, allows you to fish all day and then come back and fish under the lights at night (can find some of them just using google).

It is a very hazardous bay to run without prior knowledge due to all the rock formations that hide just under the surface (some are marked on GPS, some arent). Just have to be very careful or go with someone who has knowledge of the bay the first time out.