PDA

View Full Version : Rutherford Beach

Ray
08-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Wife and I went down to Rutherford Beach with Raymond and crew.
Water was real flat, but dirty. We chunked topwater for an hour or so, then decided to head to Cameron beaches. We saw a few mullet schools, but not like in JB/HB Fri. morning.
Raymond drove to Broussard beach and found it was dirty also, so we went to look at the water in the ship channel by the jetty launch in Cameron.
It looked about the same. So we decided to head North. Without a boat, we couldn't get to clear water offshore.
I guess with the incoming tide this morning, the dirty water was getting pushed up the channel.
No fish for us to clean today. We went home, Raymond and crew was going to head to Prien to check out what was up there.

SGib
08-28-2011, 02:05 PM
About what happened to me sat. Off the rocks by jb. Fished for an hr without a bite and thought about going to the stall and trying the channel but decided to just call it an early morning.

PaulMyers
08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I went to Rutherfords Beach today also. I drove down there this morning and it was as you reported. Dead calm and stained. The porpoises were playing out about 15ft from the water line. Caught no fish at all. I was throwing soft plastics and top waters.

This trip was for exploration purposes mainly so I don't feel to bad. I think if I would have had some mullet I would have caught some fish!

shellman
08-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Better luck next time Ray.....

Ray
08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
We were there right before daylight. When you get to the water, turn East and we were in 2 trucks.
I only saw a couple of campers and a couple of tents.
We waded out almost 50 yards. There is a big azzed sand bar out there. Dolphin were swimming outside that sand bar, heading East.

Ray
08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
They road side ditch is full of finger mullet. It's almost always full of them.

I went to a toga party last night. Didn't take much to get me to head back home.
No clear water, no boat, Ray was lookin for the couch and the ceiling fan.

Shawn Braquet
08-28-2011, 06:41 PM
They road side ditch is full of finger mullet. It's almost always full of them.

I went to a toga party last night. Didn't take much to get me to head back home.
No clear water, no boat, Ray was lookin for the couch and the ceiling fan.

So it was a good party?

Ray
08-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Free beer... You tell me...

mcjaredsandwich
08-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Free beer... You tell me...

Deal breaker

Ray
08-29-2011, 10:16 AM
I like beer just as much or more than fishing...

Good band, good beer, good friends = Good Night.

Shawn Braquet
08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
good deal