PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Lic Question

rdenison
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
How far south of the salt water barrier in Lake Charles can you fish legaly with a fresh water licenses?

LPfishnTIM
09-06-2011, 09:28 PM
don't be cheap its only $5.50 more!

inchspinner
09-06-2011, 09:30 PM
don't be cheap its only $5.50 more!

10/4 on that one, aint worth the hassle, just buy it....If you cant afford it ill give you the 5.50...good lawd cletus..its LOUISIANA...be lucky your not an OUT OF TOWNER....buy it.:shaking:

rdenison
09-06-2011, 10:00 PM
LOL it's not for me, I have in laws in from out of state, fresh water out of state is $5 PER Day, saltwater is $17.50 PER Day. I plan on only fishing Prien, therefore, did want to have to spend the extra $17.50 if I did not have too. Just found out fresh water is good to LNG.

huntin fool
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I though it was I-10.. i'd call on that one bud. Been checked a many of times in prien and they ask for your Saltwater license.. i'd call

hadabite
09-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I though it was I-10.. i'd call on that one bud. Been checked a many of times in prien and they ask for your Saltwater license.. i'd call

In the book it says the intercoastal is the line.

hadabite
09-06-2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/fishing/saltwater-freshwater-line-0

Gerald
09-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Louisiana Saltwater Line Definition

Title 56, Section 322-The Intracoastal waterway from the Texas- Louisiana boundary to its junction with Louisiana Highway 27 at Gibbstown, and then south to Louisiana Highway 82 and then east to its junction with the Intracoastal Waterway at Forked Island, the Intracoastal Waterway from Forked Island to Bayou Barataria to the Harvey Canal, the Harvey Canal to the Mississippi River, the Mississippi River to the Industrial Canal, the Industrial Canal to the Intracoastal Waterway, the Intracoastal Waterway to the Rigolets in Orleans Parish to the Louisville & Nashville Railroad bridge, the Louisville & Nashville Railroad right-of-way from the Orleans Parish line to the Mississippi state line.

The areas south of the above described line, plus the saltwater lakes known as Lake Maurepas, Lake Pontchartrain, Lake St. Catherine, Chef Menteur Pass (except that seven- tenths of a mile section from Bayou Sauvage south to the Intracoastal Waterway), the Rigolets, Unknown Pass, Pass Manchac, Intracoastal, and that portion of the Calcasieu Ship Channel from the Intracoastal Waterway south to the Gulf of Mexico, shall be designated as saltwater areas.

Persons fishing and/or possessing saltwater fish in these areas are required to have in addition to the basic fishing license a saltwater fishing license.

eman
09-06-2011, 10:49 PM
So you cant keep a red if you catch it above the line and don't have saltwater license???

Ray
09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
You can keep a Red anywhere inside 3 miles from offshore.
Inland, state waters only.

Ray
09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
After Rita, Bass fishermen were catching Reds where they were never found before.
Pushed them all over the fresh water marshes.

wtretrievers
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
So you cant keep a red if you catch it above the line and don't have saltwater license???
Sure.........If you don't get caught;)
Just joking, but I bet it would have to have a SW license to put it in the boat weather youre above the line or not. It's all in the G.W.!!!!

cajunhntr03
09-07-2011, 07:48 PM
possessing saltwater fish in these areas are required to have in addition to the basic fishing license a saltwater fishing license. http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/images/black/quote.gif (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=318413)

better have that saltwater license