PDA

View Full Version : Son caught tagged Red today

Working to Fishing
09-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Went to the Big Lake weir today and took my son and daughter. It did not take long to catch our 3 limits of Reds, one just happened to have a tag. Funny thing was my son caught the fish, and when taking the hook out said something was wrong with the fish that it had a stick stuck into it. After realizing he was talking about a tag, we got a good laugh about it...:rotfl:. Although the STAR closed Monday, the tag was for the previous year...
Fishing the weirs has always been very challenging to say the least, but today it was very pleasant. Everyone there was easy to get along with. Once a boat got it's limits they moved so someone else could get in on the action. Quite a few kids in on the action, great to see them get hooked on fishing.

PaulMyers
09-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice stick ;) and thanks for the report.

EVO

"W"
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
That is a LW&F Tags...not a CCA...
Call that number and report it size weight and location...they will send u some info on the fish...

For future info...if you catch a tag fish...you should take all info down....take pic and release

Working to Fishing
09-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info "W", will keep that in mind if/when we get another tagged fish. I don't disagree with you on the LW&F tag, but when I called the number on the tag it was a recording for La CCA. I left a message, but do not expect to hear back from them until Monday. I will be sure to ask about what program the tag is for and any info on the history of the fish.

Jadams
09-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Does it only have 3 num on the tag?

SaltyShaw
09-11-2011, 12:30 AM
nice good stuff hoss!

"W"
09-11-2011, 06:10 AM
The CCA is over the tagging for WL&F..... They contracted the CCA

If it was a STAR Tag it would Say...CCC Star on the tag