PDA

View Full Version : Saturday: JB Rigs!

Big Kahunaz
09-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Finally got my ole man off the dang golf course and back out in a boat fro a great day on the water. I don't think i've fished with him since he sold his bay boat when i was in getting out of high school. (He had such a good time he made the comment he was gonna have to buy another boat...HA!) Well, after getting out on the water on a slick "cooler" day....we fished some of his old favorite spots for about an hour and headed out to the J.B. Rigs...couldn't pass up the opportunity to get out of the lake. We made a few stops w/in 3 miles and nothing....then headed out a few more miles to the "LSU" rig and found the trout...along with the line cutting, run through 15 lead head mackeral. Not sure what our count was but i think it was around 20fish....Probably could've caught more had we figured out the bite sooner. Fish were around 2-8 ft off the bottom (35ft deep) and wanted it jigged fast up a few pulls then let fall back to the bottom...this is when they tagged it. Pretty much anything w/ a chartruesse tail worked on 1/2 oz lead heads . Nothing big..probably around 3lbs. Did lose one at the boat right before leaving that was around 5lbs...not used to fishing mono as i had my brothers rod and had the fish about to be netted then packooow! Haven't heard that sound in forever...lol..dam mono!:D Saw a few bay boats headed in that evening and they had a few ling...we didn't see any out there no did we see any trips...Think if we woulda had some live mullies or shrimp it woulda been lights out.

I'll post some pics in a minute...gotta round them up from my bro.

Big Kahunaz
09-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Sorry guys.....shouldn't be too much longer

SaltyShaw
09-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Hell yeh man good stuff!! That radio is kickin tunes good still?

Big Kahunaz
09-12-2011, 08:12 PM
for sure! Cant thank you enough for fixing it and installing the switch. You da man!

SaltyShaw
09-12-2011, 08:20 PM
No problem man, i was curious how that switch worked out for ya

Big Kahunaz
09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
fish and fam pics....good times!:

Big Kahunaz
09-15-2011, 09:25 PM
and the red was caught at the washout on the way in....:-)