PDA

View Full Version : 9.15.11 Got 'Em Again

BaseballFisherman
09-15-2011, 02:38 PM
I had a last minute cancellation, so decided to fly solo and hit the lake anyway. I was hoping to hit 'em quick and head back to the house early since it was a bit windy today, but I had to do a bit of riding around because the change of wind seemed to have knocked the fish off my usual holes from the past couple weeks. Picked up a trout here and there over a few reefs, just couldn't get into a pile of them like I have been lately. I picked up most of my fish over reefs, then fished a couple flocks of birds on the way in to finish off my 15 trout....picked up 2 fish on each flock. The birds I fished didn't pick very much, they were very spread out and would drop down to grab the occasional shrimp jumping out of the water, and they broke up pretty easily. IMO it was more trouble chasing them than they were worth today. Met "W" as I left the launch today, I didn't catch 'em as quick as he did, but nonetheless well worth the trip and a relaxing day on the water. All caught on sand eels today.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z353/BaseballFisherman/Fishing%202/SoloTrip002-1.jpg

SGib
09-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Great job man you been on them for awhile!

Jordan
09-15-2011, 02:50 PM
nice job baseball !!!

SaltERedneck
09-15-2011, 02:54 PM
heck yea fella

BIGJ
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Nothing wrong with that

DUCKGOGETTER
09-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with that

specktator
09-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Nice. I better shoot some teal tomorrow or I'm hitting the lake Saturday.

Achilles337
09-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Nice report - thanks

trophytroutman
09-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Nice job.

"W"
09-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Nice 2 meet you!!! Sorry I could not talk more....ol Big Lake Mayor was filling me in on the scoop

I would post a report but if I don't give GPS Coords...Location....bait...I'm just bragging

Micah
09-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice 2 meet you!!! Sorry I could not talk more....ol Big Lake Mayor was filling me in on the scoop

I would post a report but if I don't give GPS Coords...Location....bait...I'm just bragging

Aint nothing wrong with bragging....they dont like it, they can move on to the next thread!!!!

Kenner18
09-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Nice catch .

BaseballFisherman
09-15-2011, 08:03 PM

Nice meeting you as well, and I understand lol. I didn't mean to interrupt ya'll. And I'm with you about the sharing too much info thing. Some people spend a lot of time learning the lake and they aren't just going to give handouts, especially on a public forum. I'm all about trying to help people catch fish and I try to teach them as much as I can when they fish with me though. And it is true that our lake fishes small and that posting even a general area sometimes will get everyone in a frenzy to go to that part of the lake...in turn ruining it for everybody when boats are running all over each other. I do, however, always try to post the conditions from the day, water clarity, what I caught fish on, if I saw birds....stuff like that because I know that is what I find the most useful when I am planning my trip for the next day.

And about the bragging....fishing ain't always easy, so when anyone goes out and smokes 'em, brag a little. We all like seeing it!

jchief
09-15-2011, 08:09 PM
good catch