PDA

View Full Version : 9.18.11 Sunday Funday on BL

BaseballFisherman
09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Me and my dad hit the lake together this morning before sunrise. When we showed up at the launch I thought it was going to be a beautiful day. I guess I would make a good weatherman because I was wrong. It was flat calm when we launched but the wind and storms picked up pretty quick this morning. We fished a couple spots early to no avail, but soon enough we found some gorgeous water in the lake and popped a few yellow mouths before the weather could get us. We had a good topwater bite today on She Dogs and Top Dogs, and glow/chartreuse sand eels did the rest of the damage. We had quick action for about 45 minutes and picked up 26 specks before the bite just stopped. I wanted to go check a couple more spots before the rain got us, but some birds in the distance caught my eye first. Decided to just stay away from the weather and finished our limit on the birds. It was the first good flock I've fished in a long while, and the quality of fish under them was surprising. Even when the birds stopped picking, we kept watching the trout flip out of the water crushing shrimp and fished them till they quit. It was an awesome day on the water with my dad.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z353/BaseballFisherman/Fishing%202/FishingwithDad002.jpg

BaseballFisherman
09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Let me know if ya'll can see the picture bc it's not showing up when I view it on my computer

Micah
09-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Good catch...yall been on em, that's for sure.

Micah
09-18-2011, 08:27 PM
It was there a minute ago...gone now.

Never mind, its back

trophytroutman
09-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Nice report and catch.Dont see pic.Would love to be able to spend at least one more day on the water with my dad.Lost him to cancer 3 yrs ago.So enjoy every day with yours.

BayBolt23
09-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I see it nice catch hammer

BaseballFisherman
09-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Nice report and catch.Dont see pic.Would love to be able to spend at least one more day on the water with my dad.Lost him to cancer 3 yrs ago.So enjoy every day with yours.

Sorry to hear that, I know that's not easy. He has taught me so much and done so much for me over the years so it's definitely a blessing to be able to spend quality time with him

BaseballFisherman
09-18-2011, 08:35 PM
It was there a minute ago...gone now.

Never mind, its back

Haha thanks, I think I finally got it to stick.

jchief
09-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice catch. Pic is there

Kenner18
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Nice Catch ..good way to spend the day with Dad

trophytroutman
09-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Haha thanks, I think I finally got it to stick.Great pic.

SGib
09-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Good job.

shellman
09-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Great catch...

coco
09-18-2011, 09:34 PM
nice bunch of fish

BaseballFisherman
09-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Oh I failed to mention that I got cut off again in the same place as last Sunday, except this time the guy (different pilgrim this time) ran his boat at 30 mph over the fish, literally between me and another boat who were about 50 yards apart with trolling motors down and fishing and we were both catching. He came up on us so fast that I didn't have enough time to get my video camera out. Obviously the guy had the whole lake to run around us and didn't even have to go out of his way to do so. Little Big Lake is never short of entertainment that's for sure - weekend fishing at its finest. Something about Sundays and getting cut off lately but I just thought it was flat out funny this time.