PDA

View Full Version : Beach 9/23

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-23-2011, 07:13 PM
With the north wind blowing for the last couple days, i was hoping to catch the beach like i did a few weeks ago. well, the beach wasn't that great this mornin. i arrived at dawn to find the visibility was only about 8" but had a good north wind.

I had 14 specks and 5 or 6 sandys before 8am. then a big shrimp boat went within 30yds of me and completely killed the bite and the water. dropped visibility to about 4-5". i shoulda left then but i fished for another hour and only managed one more fish... a big, stupid black drum that weighed prolly 30+lbs. sucker pulled me on a cajun sleigh ride for over 10 mins before i was able to figure out exactly what it was lol. the wind was shifting from nne to ene then almost straight east by the time i left at 9:30.

caught all on plastics.. reaction jerk jr glo/cht. and gulp sw. mullet in chart. they wouldnt touch topwater, even with bait poppin all over.

inchspinner
09-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Awsome job OB.

DUCKGOGETTER
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Awesome job man and look a that big nasty

Tightline11
09-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Good report and that is one big nasty, but the ride had to be good.

Keith_Stone
09-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Big Freak nassty right there !!!

mcjaredsandwich
09-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Wall hanger!

bjhooper82
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Mount dat big nasty thing!!!!

Kenner18
09-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Nice Catch OB .Thanks for the beach report.

evidrine
09-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Great report thanks!!!

trophytroutman
09-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Good job!!!!!

shellman
09-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Great for the conditions....good job

Ray
09-24-2011, 02:21 PM
There was 2 Viet Cong boats that drug by us last time we went. They were side by side, West to East.

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys! had a good time even though conditions and circumstances were less than desirable.

Hydro
09-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Cool pics !!! I stopped by the store yesterday on my way back from the BOB and the ladies said you had the "beach itch" in a bad way...

Hydro

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Cool pics !!! I stopped by the store yesterday on my way back from the BOB and the ladies said you had the "beach itch" in a bad way...

Hydro

thanks man!! yeah they knew i was watchin the weather hard lol and they werent suprised when i asked if i could come in late to go fishin!

u do any good at BOB?? heard it's still on.. i aint been there in a month now.

Hydro
09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
thanks man!! yeah they knew i was watchin the weather hard lol and they werent suprised when i asked if i could come in late to go fishin!

u do any good at BOB?? heard it's still on.. i aint been there in a month now.

Still on... Caught allot of spotted bass, few largemouths (less than 300 :D), and a couple of specks ... Actually had bream follow my bait back to the boat on the TX side several times ??? Dunno if the water is starting to sweeten up or what ???

Lots of current running Friday with the North wind and all, could have water skied off of the boat launch that morning ...

Boat races have things shut down today and tomorrow (i think)... May run to Nibletts in the Am ...

Hydro

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Still on... Caught allot of spotted bass, few largemouths (less than 300 :D), and a couple of specks ... Actually had bream follow my bait back to the boat on the TX side several times ??? Dunno if the water is starting to sweeten up or what ???

Lots of current running Friday with the North wind and all, could have water skied off of the boat launch that morning ...

Boat races have things shut down today and tomorrow (i think)... May run to Nibletts in the Am ...

Hydro

i LOL'd at the 300 crack! some people's children, i swear! :spineyes: :shaking:

thanks for the info, sounds like a great trip. might be some of that rain they had up north with that last front.. dunno..

i knew the boat races were goin on, so i decided to avoid the river this weekend. all the lake lice (pleasure boaters / jet skis) bug me!