PDA

View Full Version : 2 Raymonds in 2 Yaks 9/24/2011

Ray
09-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Raymond called me last night and I let him talk me into Yaking today.
Was my first yak trip. Raymond caught 10 fish by the time I put my first in the yak.
Winds were North, swells from SE, water was green, but started clouding up not long after daylight.
Caught on Glow and Chartruese Jerk Jr's. on my rod.
There were some nice ones today and a few small ones too.
Me and Raymond were cleaning fish and about 1/4 thru, trigger fell off my electric knife. Thanks Raymond for cleaning what few fish I caught along with yours.

Ray
09-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Guide boat from HR&G passed by on trolling motor. Asked if I was catching. Said they just turned on. He asked what I was catching them on, then trolled right to the spot where I was catching. Killed that spot quick, fast and in a hurry. WTH can you do in a yak?

DUCKGOGETTER
09-24-2011, 02:38 PM
That's a nice pile of fish

inchspinner
09-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Aint nuttin wrong with dat trip dere,,,,good job Ray.

mcjaredsandwich
09-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Guide boat from HR&G passed by on trolling motor. Asked if I was catching. Said they just turned on. He asked what I was catching them on, then trolled right to the spot where I was catching. Killed that spot quick, fast and in a hurry. WTH can you do in a yak?

Oh man, just ask OB about his experience the other day. Was it a lime green haynie? Nice catch to both of yall!

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM

thanks for the report Ray, nice job by both of you! watch out Ray, kayakin is addictive!! :D

i know what u mean by being potlicked by guide boats! happened to me yesterday.. i was fishin a set of rocks... no one on the set next to me and no one on the several sets of rocks on my other side.. and here comes a green/white haynie roaring up between the set i was workin and the next set and he heads right for me.. im sure he could tell i was aggrivated by my yelling and various hand signals. his sports just kinda looked at each other in embarrasment, he told them to ignore me and throw their live shrimp directly on top of where i was casting! and they did! :pissed:

i'm in a yak!! we cant motor 15 sets down and go fish somewhere else after they kill your bite! pretty weak guide strategy IMO.. potlickin kayaks..:shaking:

DUCKGOGETTER
09-24-2011, 02:50 PM
thanks for the report ray, nice job by both of you! Watch out ray, kayakin is addictive!! :d

i know what u mean by being potlicked by guide boats! Happened to me yesterday.. I was fishin a set of rocks... No one on the set next to me and no one on the several sets of rocks on my other side.. And here comes a green/white haynie roaring up between the set i was workin and the next set and he heads right for me.. Im sure he could tell i was aggrivated by my yelling and various hand signals. His sports just kinda looked at each other in embarrasment, he told them to ignore me and throw their live shrimp directly on top of where i was casting! And they did! :pissed:

I'm in a yak!! We cant motor 15 sets down and go fish somewhere else after they kill your bite! Pretty weak guide strategy imo.. Potlickin kayaks..:shaking:

Heres the boat that did it to me ~~~

that's sad i would'e came unglued on that yonk

Ray
09-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Gray Kenner. I know who he is.
He was drifting my way. I was in his drift, but I was there on anchor for an hour before he got there.
I could see him coming my way. He did the right thing and went far around my spot, then came around
the side and asked a few questions before going straight for the gusto.

Hydro
09-24-2011, 03:01 PM
thanks for the report Ray, nice job by both of you! watch out Ray, kayakin is addictive!! :D

i know what u mean by being potlicked by guide boats! happened to me yesterday.. i was fishin a set of rocks... no one on the set next to me and no one on the several sets of rocks on my other side.. and here comes a green/white haynie roaring up between the set i was workin and the next set and he heads right for me.. im sure he could tell i was aggrivated by my yelling and various hand signals. his sports just kinda looked at each other in embarrasment, he told them to ignore me and throw their live shrimp directly on top of where i was casting! and they did! :pissed:

i'm in a yak!! we cant motor 15 sets down and go fish somewhere else after they kill your bite! pretty weak guide strategy IMO.. potlickin kayaks..:shaking:

heres the boat that did it to me ~~~

Not to hi-jack this thread, but, I have done allot of fishing in and around Apalachacola Florida and the guides there are helpful, polite, and curtious to recreational fishermen...

Maybe its due to the fact that they have their company logo (with phone number) on the side of their boat like most any other commercial vessel ???

Not trying to bash guides or anything, just sayin...

Hydro

Ray
09-24-2011, 03:06 PM
HR&G guides are usually pretty good.
This is a seasoned guide too. Plenty of fish out there.
I think he realized what he did after he did it, but he
is a professional.

PaulMyers
09-24-2011, 03:07 PM
WTH can you do in a yak?

Move the yak between them and the fish. What's he going to do, shoot you? :eek: NOT!

Maybe he and his sports need to skip breakfast and get there a little earlier. :cool:

Nice job Ray and Raymond! Thanks for the report.

PaulMyers
09-24-2011, 03:09 PM
HR&G guides are usually pretty good.
is a professional.

I don't think he did if he did the same thing to O'B yesterday! Sounds like he's tired of working for a living and wants to capitalize now on the work of others.

Raymond
09-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Preciate the lift ray! Don't know if the hr&g guide has ever fished the rocks before so maybe he needed help. If you fish three sets and can't figure out the pattern you probably should not be charging for the trip!!!!!!!!

Ray
09-24-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't think he did if he did the same thing to O'B yesterday! Sounds like he's tired of working for a living and wants to capitalize now on the work of others.

It was a different boat. Not sure if it was the same guide.

Ray
09-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Preciate the lift ray! Don't know if the hr&g guide has ever fished the rocks before so maybe he needed help. If you fish three sets and can't figure out the pattern you probably should not be charging for the trip!!!!!!!!

No prollem, with the lift. It was fun, just wish I coulda figgered out the Yak thing earlier. Tougher than I thought with the North winds and SE swells.

"W"
09-24-2011, 04:44 PM
keep taking pics and posting them up..... (potlicking HRG Boats that is)

Ray
09-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Didn't have my phone with me in the yak.
Raymond did, but he was fishing farther West.
Then his phone died right after that.

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-24-2011, 05:20 PM
ill post who i want and when i want within the rules of this forum. i know who they are and i dont care, what would they say if i did the same to them? hmmmmmmm????

jchief
09-24-2011, 05:28 PM
c'mon guy's, this is a fishing report.

jeeze

trophytroutman
09-24-2011, 05:29 PM
SWEET!!!!!!Great job guys.Nice fish.

Dink
09-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Crap.....I missed some stuff, didn't I

Kenner18
09-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Nice Job Guys .

LPfishnTIM
09-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Nice catch. And your filet knife must of been a mister twister, they break all the time, if they don't burn up first!

Blue Wave 2200
09-24-2011, 11:38 PM
c'mon guy's, this is a fishing report.

jeeze

So are you saying the HR&G guides are right by doing this to other fishermen?

What's wrong with calling them out? They do not own the lake!!

Ray
09-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Crap.....I missed some stuff, didn't I

Me too.

Ray
09-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Nice catch. And your filet knife must of been a mister twister, they break all the time, if they don't burn up first!

Green and yeller one. Cleaned a fish, picked up another and it didn't feel right. Looked down, no trigger. Fell thru the cracks in the dock.

Kenner18
09-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Green and yeller one. Cleaned a fish, picked up another and it didn't feel right. Looked down, no trigger. Fell thru the cracks in the dock.

Same thing happened to mine . Got a Hamilton Beach from the housewares in walmart ,so far its way better than the Mr Twisters.

Ray
09-25-2011, 10:23 AM
I had a Black and Decker household style fillet knife lasted forever.
Finally went out, bought another one and it didn't last long.
Went to the fishing type. I might try the Hamilton Beach one next.

mriguy
09-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Same thing happened to mine . Got a Hamilton Beach from the housewares in walmart ,so far its way better than the Mr Twisters.

Black&Decker from WM $9.99. These usually last an entire year, goes through reds like butta!

shellman
09-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Good job RAY,s.....Guide boat suxxx...

Gerald
09-25-2011, 10:37 AM

I got one about a month ago. Worked great on some trout.

Then I caught some Reds next trip. After cleaning 3 Reds [21-24"] the motor got so hot I could not hold the knife any longer. I really wanted to finish cleaning the reds.....but had to stop to let it cool off.

jchief
09-25-2011, 10:42 AM
So are you saying the HR&G guides are right by doing this to other fishermen?

What's wrong with calling them out? They do not own the lake!!

Did not say that and don't see how you got this out of my post.

This is in the reports section. The other stuff should be somewhere else.

specsultan
09-25-2011, 10:59 AM
=Ray;327007]HR&G guides are usually pretty good.
is a professional.[/QUOTE]

A professional Potlicker?

PaulMyers
09-25-2011, 11:10 AM
This is in the reports section. The other stuff should be somewhere else.

Jude, I think the issue pops up when the OP makes it part of his/her post. :o

EVO

Ray
09-25-2011, 01:45 PM
I only posted that cause it was a big screw up in my fishing trip. So I put it in my report.
Just when I started catching nice sized fish, bam, shut me down.
I shoulda put it elsewhere I guess.

Ducedux
09-25-2011, 01:47 PM
That looks like Paul Constance in that pic in his Haynie. I have known Paul a long time and that doesn't sound like something he usually does. If you feel you need to talk it over with him call HR&G or he is in the book in Hackberry. Paul is a good friend and also a good fishermen. I would never consider him a "pot licker". He throws plastic whenever he can. Paul is sometimes not the most easy going person on the water but I have fished around him enough to know he is respectful. Call him up and straighten it out. P.S. On a personal note, I might not cuss at him on the water OR on the phone.

Ray
09-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Hell everyone should start carrying there handguns for a**hole guides cutting people off like that I would have put one through the motor and seen how he likes that.

I am not complaining about guides in general, just this one, who I
figgered would not want others doing that to him.

This was only the third time in my life that a guide screwed me up.
First time we were both running towards a flock of birds. I got there,
dropped trolling motor and started heading towards birds. The guide
just ran right thru the fish. I didn't care if he fished the same flock.

Second time a part time guide, competitive Redfish trouny angler actually
called up some other guides and 2 other boats came and screwed up
my school of fish. I could hear the whole conversation on the phone. Slick
calm day, big mouthed guide. But I am waiting on the Redfish Tournament
this year. I am going to make him sorry. He might not remember me,
but I remember him.

PaulMyers
09-25-2011, 01:56 PM
But I am waiting on the Redfish Tournament
this year. I am going to make him sorry. He might not remember me,
but I remember him.

Let me know when, I want to watch. LOL

EVO

Raymond
09-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Hell everyone should start carrying there handguns for a**hole guides cutting people off like that I would have put one through the motor and seen how he likes that.

Harley, I don't know who or how old u r but there isn't a deer duck or fish worth threatening someone's life. Angola has plenty of room for folks who can't control themselves. I was there and have made some smartazz comments but the offense did not warrant physical confrontation. We all have brain farts, I did yesterday. You either learn from them and become better at your craft or hobby or continue to look incompetent. Elvis started a thread a out fishing alot recently, I would challenge anyone on here to try fishing a yak in the gulf or inland and see how good you really are at catching.

Mods please close this thread if there are anymore post advocating bodily injury for only a 15 yd penalty.

Bluechip
09-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I agree Raymond....I have always tried to hold outdoorsman to a higher standard than the thugs always wanting to shoot someone or something.

If this post heads any further south with these types of comments just please report it and it will be taken care of.....Thanks ;)

Paul Constance
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Well guys,
Looks like I need to set the story straight. First of all I started 6 or 7 sets East of (I guess its OB) and started drifting. This guy came to me as I was drifting (Into the wind which by the way is a rookie mistake). Before you go to calling people pot lickers and posting photos on the web you might want to make sure you know what you are talking about. My name is Paul Constance and I have been guiding for 25 years on this lake. I live in Hackberry and my number is in the book. It is my understanding that this guy works at some the tackle store in Sulphur. If this is not the guy someone tell me otherwise. If it is, be informed, I will be by to discuss this in further detail at a later date.

mcjaredsandwich
09-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Who is on the popcorn machine?

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Well guys,
Looks like I need to set the story straight. First of all I started 6 or 7 sets East of (I guess its OB) and started drifting. This guy came to me as I was drifting (Into the wind which by the way is a rookie mistake). Before you go to calling people pot lickers and posting photos on the web you might want to make sure you know what you are talking about. My name is Paul Constance and I have been guiding for 25 years on this lake. I live in Hackberry and my number is in the book. It is my understanding that this guy works at some the tackle store in Sulphur. If this is not the guy someone tell me otherwise. If it is, be informed, I will be by to discuss this in further detail at a later date.

Yeah that was me.. and u DID come in between my set and the next.. i had been fishing there since dawn. if you didnt drop in on me then why were your sports sitting down when u arrived.. maybe for the run?? i saw u hop up and get your bait and get the sports set thenm you casted right on top of me!

ive been fishing that beach long enough to know what im doing. i was trying to discourage u from fishing on top of me, i guess you dont know what 2 hands in the air like 'wth' means.

i posted the pics and stated exactly what happened. embarrased? you should be.

my name is O'B and ive been selling tackle and making a living at it for well over a decade.

i work at the tackle box in sulphur, swing by. im there monday thru friday 10-6!

Hydro
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Who is on the popcorn machine?

No popcorn, but just heated up some Queso dip...

:grinpimp:

Paul Constance
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
I will be by there tomorrow evening.

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
ive stated my side and he has stated his. i will not allow this to degrade to some lame internet argument.

Jedi Lure Tricks
09-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I will be by there tomorrow evening.

i'll be there.

ckinchen
09-28-2011, 09:00 AM
The picture has now been removed. It was brought to our attention that there may be some legal issues with accusations and positing someone's picture on the web in the manner that this one was posted. In the future we will not allow anyone to post pictures of "potlickers" (guides or non guides), if you want to talk about it then that is fine but pictures will not be allowed. Also this type of discussion should take place somewhere other than the reports section.

Lastly let's also keep in mind that a guide is only as good as his/her reputation. When we as a group come on here and report and or attack guides or guide groups, someone looking at this may get the wrong idea and that cost these people money. If you have an issue with a specific guide, confront the guide in person. Regarding HR&G, I know the owners very well and they are good people and good fishermen. When you have 20 or more guides working for you at any given time of course there are going to be "situations" on the water. If you feel your situation warrants action then call HR&G or confront the guide in person not over the internet for the world to see.

If you guys have a problem with our picture posting policy or anything that is said here, send me or the mods a PM and we will be happy to speak with you. If anyone posts in this thread something negative towards our decisions as a site you will be banned so don't do it.

It is always better to PM someone when you have a problem on the site then be a tough guy in public.
Regarding this thread, I think OB and Ray had good intentions and did not intend for this thread to get to where it did but things got heated and we are where we are.