PDA

View Full Version : Windy day in Hopedale!

LPfishnTIM
10-01-2011, 09:49 PM
headed to hopedale this a.m., fished from sun up til 3pm caught one trout and one red. both caught on plastics, I also tried my luck at the dam with some dead shrimp, ended up catching a few croakers. Hopefully next week isn't so windy, but at least I didn't have to fight the gnats or skeeters! I'll post pics tomorrow! not that there worth posting!

southern151
10-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Rough day, huh? You hit Robin or, did ya stay toward stump?

Jedi Lure Tricks
10-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Bummer bout the slow day, that wind messed up alot of folks today. thanks for the report!

Is it October Yet
10-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Trout are out in the sound right now. Heard reds are running on the other side of MRGO. Go down la louta(sp) take the first left and fish the second cut on the left side. Glow/chart spinner bait.

LPfishnTIM
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Trout are out in the sound right now. Heard reds are running on the other side of MRGO. Go down la louta(sp) take the first left and fish the second cut on the left side. Glow/chart spinner bait.
I'm pretty sure you mean bayou St. Milo, I fished in magnolia lagoon. and believe me the trout are making there way in. I don't have to read reports to know this. I forgot my anchor which I could of used today. I'm so use to using just my TM. every year its the same, a couple months from now everyone will be saying go fish stump lagoon and drum hole, lake eugene. I didn't go to lake robin, too windy. I'll probably fish all the marsh from lena up to magnolia next week, I normally catch a limit of reds and a few trout in oct. and then slaughter the trout nov-jan.

Is it October Yet
10-02-2011, 12:21 AM
In about three weeks there will be plenty of trout within a 5-10 minute boat ride from the dock in Delacroix. If you ever have an open spot give me shout and I will pay for the gas.