PDA

View Full Version : Vermilion Bay today

cajun bill
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Good news: caught enough for da wife and I to have a meal.

Bad news: Neither one of us better be hungry.

Results: Fished the Cove for several hours, caught the first speck, nice one weighed between 1.5 and 10 lbs., not sure cuz I didn't weigh it, but probably toward the low end of the range, on the 3rd cast. First thought: dis is gonna be good. Second thought: Fished for another hour before I caught the second one and a little later, caught another 12.5 inch monster. Ran to the Hammock, no one there, but tried anyway, nothing. Ran to the TP, saw a boat fishing the birds and pulled up with him and caught a very nice 7" white trout then nothing. Back to the cove, cut my finger and left them biting, well......... not really.
Still good to be on da wata again.

When I got to the landing, I asked a couple of guys how they did and both said "did okay", but didn't say where and I didn't ask. I'm guessing that judging by the number of trailers I saw at the landing and the few boats I saw at the cove, trashpile and the hammock, most must have gone out, maybe the pass or the reefs.

Dink
10-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Buddy caught this afternoon......didn't say where....

20ft G3 boat

Loneshark
10-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I fished this morning and the boats were thick this morning in the cove, by the time we left the Trashpile had become very popular. We never went to either place, but don't think either place was productive. We stayed in the marsh and ended with a few flatties, a speck, and 3 green trout. Actually one of the green trout was caught IN Weeks Bay if that can be an indication of the salinity level. Still a great day on the water.

kbaudoin
10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
had a few real nice specks at t-butte today

calcutta37
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
i got a report that limits were caught today i didnt go but might go friday. have to see for myself.

Loneshark
10-12-2011, 09:37 PM
i got a report that limits were caught today i didnt go but might go friday. have to see for myself.

I would assume they were caught on the outside. I don't know what this little cold front will do to the bite?

aquaholic78
10-12-2011, 09:40 PM
what did the water look like? winds kinda slacked off, gotta be better than last weekend

Montauk17
10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
My neighbor went today and caught 19 trout. Caught them in the cove and trash pile...plastics on the bottom.

kbaudoin
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
water was clean and calm in the morning
in t-butte but the bite was slow

Reefman
10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
My son and I went Tuesday afternoon for a quick trip. Started off on Blue Point with 5 fish...nothing to brag about in size. Left there and tried the cove...throw-backs. Went to Hammick and it started off real good, then the rising tide moved dirty water on us;bite tapered off. Ended up with 17 trout, 1 red. Not a bad trip but should have done better. Fish were caught on H&H limetreuse/purple back and LSU chubs. Seems the out going tide is better than the in-coming.

YellowMouth7
10-13-2011, 09:09 AM
thanks for all of the reports....Im going to hit the parking Lot.....AKA cove sat

bull1134
10-13-2011, 10:15 AM
where is the trash pile?