PDA

View Full Version : Icloud

scott craft
10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Any of you iPhone guys using it? I updated by wife's phone to ios 5 yesterday. If I'm reading it right you get 5 GB of storage. My concern/problem is my wife has 7 GB of music on her phone. This is all from cd's. Am i correct in thinking i will need to buy more storage?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

meaux fishing
10-13-2011, 11:21 PM
I'll let you know my take on it tomorrow when I get the 4s

scott craft
10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm interested in hearing a review on the 4S.

jchief
10-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm interested in hearing a review on the 4S.

I am getting an upgrade in a few weeks and don't know which way to go. With ATT.

I am hard of hearing, so I need to find a phone that is clear and LOUD before anything else.

PaulMyers
10-15-2011, 09:04 AM
I am getting an upgrade in a few weeks and don't know which way to go. With ATT.

I am hard of hearing, so I need to find a phone that is clear and LOUD before anything else.

Get a hearing aid old man! ;)

I'll let you try my EVO next time I see you. AT&T has the same basic phone that goes by a different name.

EVO

jchief
10-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah, my daughter just got it, the Inspire I think.

Got hearing aids, don't help alot with cell phones.

PaulMyers
10-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Got hearing aids, don't help alot with cell phones.

:o my bad!

EVO

scott craft
10-15-2011, 12:59 PM
I think the iPhone is pretty neat but I'm probably going to stick with windows 7 phones.

Big Flounder
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
I got the 4s yesterday and I love it. But I upgraded from the original 3G so I think anyone would be excited. I didn't use the ICloud yet. I just backed my phone up with the USB but I do like the voice text, 8 megapixel camera, and the graffics are great. Super fast too.

longcast
10-15-2011, 09:11 PM
I got the 4s yesterday and I love it. But I upgraded from the original 3G so I think anyone would be excited. I didn't use the ICloud yet. I just backed my phone up with the USB but I do like the voice text, 8 megapixel camera, and the graffics are great. Super fast too.

I got mine today. Inlaws hooked up the whole family with new phones. How freaking cool is that. Old phones become itouch for the kids. My 21/2 year old daughter now has her own itouch. Yes she uses my phone better than I can. What can I say. It's better than her stealing my phone and hiding it. Lol.

1fastmerc
10-15-2011, 09:24 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. Upgraded from the iPhone 3 to the iPhone 4S. The problem I have I lost all my contacts and pictures.

Big Flounder
10-15-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. Upgraded from the iPhone 3 to the iPhone 4S. The problem I have I lost all my contacts and pictures.

I sat in front of the PC with my 4s in my hand and 3G hooked to PC. I googled how to transfer contacts and photos to PC and followed step by step directions I found on some blog. It was pretty easy. You have to save them to PC and then transfer to iTunes and then to 4s. Once you put pics on 4s from iTunes you can not delete any of them from your phone. You have to put them back on PC to delete any.

scott craft
10-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't know about pictures, but if you create a gmail account you can sync your contacts with gmail. Then just add your gmail account to the phone and all your contacts will be there. This works with iphone, android and windows 7 phones. I was going to use iCloud to sync my wife's phone, but we have a fairly slow internet connection at home so I think it would take a long time to do the first backup and I'd have to buy extra storage (it's not expensive though). Once I get faster internet I might do it. As it is I've got it set up to sync over wifi when she plugs it in at night to charge.

catch.and.fillet
10-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Operating the 4s with Siri is fantastic. I updated two different phones on Friday and it was easy. Fast as my iPad2 and a HD video cam to boot. Need to go get a couple of Otter boxes now.

meaux fishing
10-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Im am extremely pleased with the 4s. Even on the Edge network the internet works almost as fast as it used to on 3G. When you are in a 3g area its like using cable internet. Apps load faster, have had no problems with reception on the drive from Meaux to Monroe and back this weekend with it. Oh and Siri is the shiznit

scott craft
10-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Glad to hear Apple did another good job.

SaltyShaw
10-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Are they gonna put out a update to upgrade the iPhone 4 to that iOS that the 4s is running

scott craft
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Are they gonna put out a update to upgrade the iPhone 4 to that iOS that the 4s is running

I updated my wife's 4 to iOS 5 Wednesday I believe. You have to update itunes to 10.5 first.

SaltyShaw
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Goin do it now! Thanks

Big Flounder
10-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Siri is sweet! You can tell it to wake you up at 6am and it says your alarm is set.

chasin'tail
10-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Upgraded mine last nite, I've had the phone for a couple of months now. I love it, I know now what other iphone users have been talking about. Very nice product....

Armand16
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Heard Siri will be avaliable soon for the iPhone 4... anyone else hear of this?? just a simple software upgrade, i know its not that hard for them to do it

SULPHITE
10-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Heard Siri will be avaliable soon for the iPhone 4... anyone else hear of this?? just a simple software upgrade, i know its not that hard for them to do it

nope...its software and can be done but it will not work correctly. That is due to some hardware that is in th 4s and not in the 4.

longcast
10-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Siri is freaking awesome. So far love the new iPhone.

cmdrost
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM

Nope. I've got the 4, and just upgraded software to the OS 5, but no Siri. Other than that, the 4 and 4s are no different.

scott craft
10-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Nope. I've got the 4, and just upgraded software to the OS 5, but no Siri. Other than that, the 4 and 4s are no different.

4S has a dua-core processor, upgraded gpu, better blue-tooth capabilities and better antenna. It just looks the same. Probably performs similar for most users though.