PDA

View Full Version : Refusing Gun Sales

youu_whoo_whoo
10-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Could a gun store refuse to sell to an individual if they showed no understanding of safe firearm handling? I can only try to imagine some of the outrageous things they have seen with people who just want to own a gun and have no knowledge of them. I understand that they have to learn somewhere, but is there some sort of firearms understanding and knowledge of its opperation that is necesary. I am just wondering about this situation.:confused:

southern151
10-24-2011, 09:48 PM
If a place can refuse alcohol to a patron, I sure hope they can refuse firearm sales!

LPfishnTIM
10-24-2011, 09:51 PM
a store could refuse a sale, under discretion, but most are in business to make money! They can refuse a sale if its a straw purchase or the gun isn't intended for the buyer.

wtretrievers
10-25-2011, 05:11 AM
They can refuse for any reason they feel as unsafe. A guy was filling out paperwork on a gun at Spillway sportsman & had his wife with him, they were joking with each other & she said when we get home I'm gonna shoot you in the azz with it. Salesman reached over took the paperwork from him & told them to have a nice day.

Raymond
10-25-2011, 04:17 PM
I would chalk it up under the "Prior Knowledge" senerio that pops up in court all the time. Same thing bartender's are trained on with drunks.
If you have prior knowledge of someone's moral character, you therfore could be held liable for what they do with a purchase made from you; drank,guns,bullets,ect.

ford42
09-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Any company the sells something is going to do anything to get that item out the door. I dont know **** about gun sales, but im sure they will let the customer say anything they want, as longs as its not going to somehow comeback and bit the sales guy in the ***.

jdm4x43732
09-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Don't know bout if they can refuse a gun sale but Bullets and Bows in Rayne has a sign on the door that states,"if your pants are sagging don't bother coming in" so that tells me they have some pretty good judgement.

cmcnabb
09-18-2012, 02:00 PM
When I worked at Academy they told us if we felt uncomfortable selling the gun to the person, we had the right to refuse the sale. The people that I would not want to sell a gun to usually didn't pass the NICS check anyway. Usually the fellas that would ask, "say bruh, lemme see dat pearl hannle 380, yea i wanna buy it"

Micah
09-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Don't know bout if they can refuse a gun sale but Bullets and Bows in Rayne has a sign on the door that states,"if your pants are sagging don't bother coming in" so that tells me they have some pretty good judgement.

Nice!

PaulMyers
09-18-2012, 03:47 PM
When I worked at Academy they told us if we felt uncomfortable selling the gun to the person, we had the right to refuse the sale. The people that I would not want to sell a gun to usually didn't pass the NICS check anyway. Usually the fellas that would ask, "say bruh, lemme see dat pearl hannle 380, yea i wanna buy it"

Spinner tried to buy a gun from you? :rolleyes:

mcjaredsandwich
09-18-2012, 03:56 PM

Bahaha

sammich

1fastmerc
09-18-2012, 04:20 PM

Lmbo. Now that's funny stuff right der. Sorry spinna

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk

kcinnick
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Shall not be infringed only applies to the government (Even though they don't understand what that means), any business can refuse service to any patron.

Sometimes I worry about the guys behind the counter not knowing how to handle a firearm.