PDA

View Full Version : Big Lake 5/13/09

"W"
05-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Chris Reed,CatDaddy and I made a run this morning on the lake..MISTAKE!!! I can tell you that the morning is not the time!!!! Water was muddy bad almost everywhere and trout were not stacked anywhere!!! Tagged some small reds and caught a few small trout!!! (It SUCKED):(

Winds were 15+ from sunrise on!!! Check out our ride in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkPqsGOJf8&feature=channel_page

Jordan
05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
water looks horrible

LaAngler
05-13-2009, 01:16 PM
dat skeeter aint got no trim tabs?

"W"
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
dat skeeter aint got no trim tabs?

Yep all the way DOWN!!!! It was bad!!!!:pissed: WATER LOOKED LIKE Grandmas coffee milk!!

Castaway
05-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Well I'm glad I decided not to go. Just worked on the boat instead. Bet it was a wet ride.

wtretrievers
05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Monday eve the wind layed down, lake was slick! 30 mins before dark wind started picking up, winds picked up out of the SE to about 25-30 real fast! IT GOT BAD REAL QUICK!!!! IT WAS ALL THAT 24FT SKEETER WANTED! That was a looooong ride!

SULPHITE
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Dude that looked like it sucked...gotta compensate with a knee bend:spineyes:

Salty
05-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Dang, I got a headache from watchin' that. :eek:

LittleRob
05-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I am so sick of the wind now I'll be beggin for it in the next few months, I can't take my kids out in this wind I don't want to scare them, or me.

txjoker
05-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Do you guys monitor the fish that are tagged, or does a separate entity do this? Are you just gauging growth in the fish? Migration? What?

"W"
05-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Do you guys monitor the fish that are tagged, or does a separate entity do this? Are you just gauging growth in the fish? Migration? What?

Joker...We have 2 kinds of tagging programs on the Lake....

1st one is with LSU research which a transmitter is implanted into the trout and ping stations are located all across the estuary. This takes all the data from the trout as it moves.

2nd is Dart Tagging for CCA/WL&F...These fish are tagged and data is writen on a card with is sent in....Once a fish is recaptured the info is called and a report is given....I had three trout already caught this year I have tagged.

Salty
05-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Joker..I had three trout already caught this year I have tagged.

Were they 12" yet.....? :confused:

Deadly D
05-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Were they 12" yet.....? :confused:
you win the award of the month A fishing trip with W:*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl:

Sea Pickle
05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
The Pickle would of eaten that chop up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

txjoker
05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
That's cool. I've not heard of anyone tagging bay fish here. Mostly offshore marlin, et al. I think it's a good thing to know about the fish population every year when setting limits. By the way, how many quarts is your cooler? Or better yet, how full can you fill it on 12" trout? :*****:

1st one is with LSU research which a transmitter is implanted into the trout and ping stations are located all across the estuary. This takes all the data from the trout as it moves.

2nd is Dart Tagging for CCA/WL&F...These fish are tagged and data is writen on a card with is sent in....Once a fish is recaptured the info is called and a report is given....I had three trout already caught this year I have tagged.

Jay
05-13-2009, 08:39 PM

Ah ha.....so that's why you are the king of the lake you have access to real time data to see where the fish are. :*****:

"W"
05-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Ah ha.....so that's why you are the king of the lake you have access to real time data to see where the fish are. :*****:

HA HA>....I wish I had that INFO!!! The Biologist keep that stuff to himself!!!!

"B"
05-13-2009, 09:52 PM
caught a few small trout!!!

what's new??? I know before I open your thread to expect to see little trout. You'll figure out how to catch decent trout someday.

B

flounder_smacker
05-13-2009, 11:25 PM
watched the video and thats rough? every time i hit the bay its worse than that. your buddys trim tab switches must be reversed because they are not down.

Castaway
05-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Where is the video?

CatDaddy
05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Where is the video?

YOU TUBE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkPq...e=channel_page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkPqsGOJf8&feature=channel_page)

"W"
05-14-2009, 12:17 PM
YOU TUBE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkPq...e=channel_page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkPqsGOJf8&feature=channel_page)

BTW....Trim Tabs were down.....

LittleRob
05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
it's the link right before the pictures