PDA

View Full Version : WTB Hobbie Mirage

KDM
11-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Just getting started in the yak adventures. Any advice as to what to buy and what not to buy would be greatlly appreciatted. You can email me direct or post here. Email is adcadcook@aol.com
Thanks guys!!!!!!!

RAGINJROB
11-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Most people use the hobie outback for fishing. If you need something a little bigger you will need the Pro Angler. Make sure to demo before you buy to find out what is comfortable to you.

KDM
11-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the input!!!!!

Nitramiii
11-23-2011, 11:09 AM
I have a couple of outbacks. I love them. Although, I've never had another yak to compare with. I would buy the following:
- a large duffle type bag to store your stuff.
- A couple of rod holder extenders. Keeps more of the splash off your reels.
- a mushroom anchor and rope for deeper water and a stakeout pole for shallow situations.
- small ice chest or stringer for fish. I use both, depending on my mood.
- plastic or non rusting pliers on a leash.
- net
- this does not happen often but....I put a float on the end of my anchor line so I can release my anchor and get pulled around by bigger reds.
Hope this helps. The main thing is to get out and use your yak and you will develope a routine that works for you.

PaulMyers
11-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I have a couple of outbacks. I love them. Although, I've never had another yak to compare with. I would buy the following:
- a large duffle type bag to store your stuff.
- A couple of rod holder extenders. Keeps more of the splash off your reels.
- a mushroom anchor and rope for deeper water and a stakeout pole for shallow situations.
- small ice chest or stringer for fish. I use both, depending on my mood.
- plastic or non rusting pliers on a leash.
- net
- this does not happen often but....I put a float on the end of my anchor line so I can release my anchor and get pulled around by bigger reds.
Hope this helps. The main thing is to get out and use your yak and you will develope a routine that works for you.

A lot of good info right here. Thanks for the post!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk