PDA

View Full Version : Gun Insurance

Josh C
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Do any of you guys have gun insurance? With all this flooding going on, it got me thinking about my guns and what I would do if they got flooded or stolen. When I stated talking to my insurance lady, it got costly real quick to insure my guns. Anybody know what being a member of NRA will cover??

Thanks.

FF_T_Warren
03-21-2012, 03:19 PM
NRA covers lost or stolen I'm pretty sure. I'm sure others will chime in

bjhooper82
03-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Do any of you guys have gun insurance? With all this flooding going on, it got me thinking about my guns and what I would do if they got flooded or stolen. When I stated talking to my insurance lady, it got costly real quick to insure my guns. Anybody know what being a member of NRA will cover??

Thanks.

Very good question. I would love to get some advice on this subject also.

I make oil
03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
I have mine on an ammendum to my homeowners insurance i have USAA. I've also had the most expensive ones appraised and have an inventory and photos of them all. I keep the best ones in a safe which is required by my insurance and the BATF for my class III stuff.

rbyrley
03-21-2012, 03:45 PM
I actually sell insurance.. depending on how many guns and their values you can have them covered under your homeowners insurance but only up to a certain amount of coverage for theft. Only problem there is that you have to pay your home deductible if something happens to them which is sometimes more than that gun is worth.
Best thing to do is to get what they call a personal articles policy for like 100 dollars a year and it will cover your guns without a deductible involved. Again this is not necessary if you only have one or two guns for less than 2500.. depending on where you have your insurance.

FF_T_Warren
03-21-2012, 03:51 PM
just read on NRA, they cover up to $2500 in lost stolen or damaged firearms with a membership

BassAssasin
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Not trying to hijack but what about fishing gear?

rbyrley
03-21-2012, 03:59 PM
fishing gear is covered under your homeowners insurance as contents coverage.. if its in your boat that is a different story.. it would be covered under boat equipment if you have a boat insurance policy

BassAssasin
03-21-2012, 04:02 PM
But wouldn't the homeowner deductible be really high

Josh C
03-21-2012, 04:07 PM
I guess I have around 25-30 guns, so it would be expensive if something happened to all of them. My insurance agent said I'm looking at $3 per $100 dollars in value I want to insure. If I assume my guns and scopes are worth about $25K, than thats $750/yr to insure my guns! I think that is kind of high.

iron man
03-21-2012, 05:29 PM
just read on NRA, they cover up to $2500 in lost stolen or damaged firearms with a membership

CRAP! I knew I shoulda stayed a member...but they kept wanting more and more money.

PaulMyers
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
CRAP! I knew I shoulda stayed a member...but they kept wanting more and more money.
Just get a Lifetime membership and Annual Membership Fees go away!

Proud Patron - Life Member here! :flagUS:

southern151
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
I had to take out a supplemental policy on a few musical instruments and it ran me about $150/yr for it. Former agent said that, due to age and value, they wouldn't pick em up on regular content coverage. Thought it was bs but, losing them with no coverage would be much worse!

Lake Chuck Duck
03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
I actually sell insurance.. depending on how many guns and their values you can have them covered under your homeowners insurance but only up to a certain amount of coverage for theft. Only problem there is that you have to pay your home deductible if something happens to them which is sometimes more than that gun is worth.
Best thing to do is to get what they call a personal articles policy for like 100 dollars a year and it will cover your guns without a deductible involved. Again this is not necessary if you only have one or two guns for less than 2500.. depending on where you have your insurance.

Thanks for the info Ross! Lol

SULPHITE
03-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I had to take out a supplemental policy on a few musical instruments and it ran me about $150/yr for it. Former agent said that, due to age and value, they wouldn't pick em up on regular content coverage. Thought it was bs but, losing them with no coverage would be much worse!

Hope it wasnt the guitar from the sc tourney last year lmao!!!:rotfl:

Raymond
03-21-2012, 09:15 PM
$3.00 per $100 is way high, figure $1.25 at most. PM me if you are interested in doing something with your guns.

southern151
03-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Hope it wasnt the guitar from the sc tourney last year lmao!!!:rotfl:

No! Lol! That's one of the cheaper ones.