PDA

View Full Version : marsh anchor

booboo
03-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Any advise on how/where to store a marsh anchor in my boat. I've heard of some people rigging up a pvc pipe. Anyone have any pics of how they store theirs....thanks

swamp snorkler
03-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Cut a small circle of wood and put in in the bottom of one of your rod-holders, then lower your marsh anchor into it. That's what I did when I had my boat. I also had a stainless steel carbiner that I hooked to the top of the anchor to keep the rope out the walkway.

T-Bone
03-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Any advise on how/where to store a marsh anchor in my boat. I've heard of some people rigging up a pvc pipe. Anyone have any pics of how they store theirs....thanks

Don't know what kinda boat you have but I have a handrail on my fishmaster that I strapped the pvc pipe to using hose clamps and it's mounted on a slight angle with the end of the pipe even with the back so any mud and water can drain over the side.

BigAl
03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
PVC on the hand rail. I have an 8' stick it anchor pin and it fits perfectly inside 3/4 PVC.

redaddiction
03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I would use a few clips like these if the rod fits them.

BigAl
03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I had some clips like those in my old boat. I had a 5 ft. cajun anchor I put in them. In rough water the cajun anchor would bounce out of those clips. I took some velcro straps and put around the clips, under the screw and over the anchor and that worked pretty well.