PDA

View Full Version : Heres the summary team Duce Rods HT3 experience this weekend

RigRatNoMeaux
03-25-2012, 07:13 PM
We arrived in Delacroix the Friday befor the tournament began to start pre fishing. As soon as we launched the Majek and arrived to our first spot, it was on. We were catching and releasing 16 lb stringers all day. Great start! But we ended that afternoon stuck in the marsh for over 3 hours. We got into a bayou as wide as our boat and couldn't turn around and couldn't move either forward or backward. My partner both got out of the boat to push with no avail. We didn't move an inch. We only had one choice, use the yamahama!! We had 400 yds to get out and made it about 300. While we were powering out and throwing the biggest rooster tail of mud I have ever seen, another boat saw us and came to help. They had no chance. So we called an air boat. Took the guy a few hours to get to us but he pulled us out with ease. Then he dropped our anchor rope in the water, so we dragged our anchor for 20 min and found it. We started the next day early and fished all day with no troubles and found more fish. We got to the camp and I started feeling like crap!! Felt like that until the tournament started. The next day is when the shat hit the fan!! After a day of fishing, we arrived to the launch, as I was getting out I the boat the wristband that holds my keys broke and they fell in the water. I imeadiatly jumped in. I was in the water for 20inutes then 6 high school kids showed up and asked what I was doing. I told them and one jumped in. After another 20 min I told then the first one to find them would get $500. 2 secs later they jumped in. We drug anchors and magnets for 2 hours with no avail. I cut the hell out of my foot on the bottom so we quit. I didn't get my keys for 2 days. Well the first day we were smoking the fish but they were either 24" or 30+. My partner had a fish on while on the tower, he was trying to get off because the fish wa going under the boat. Needless to say, it wasn't graceful. He fell in the water from 6 foot above the deck, but we did land the fish, which was an over of course. We weighed in at 13.55lbs that day. The second day we found better fish but knew we needed the biggest fish we could get to make the last day of fishing. Towards the end I the day we found the fish we were looking for!! But we were pushing it with both of our fish. Our first fish was 1/8 under the line and weighed 7.44. We knew our second fish was going to be super close!! It was about 1/16 to long do they DQ IT. It was every bit of 8 3/4 pounds if not a lil more. The boga had it just under 9lbs. That fish would have put us in the top 10. But o well!! We will get them at our home turf!!! In may. I'll post some pics and vids later

Bluechip
03-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow.....that's a memory for sure.....but how did you eventually find your keys?

Great read by the way. Get 'em next time.

Red Devil
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow!!

Pole_benda
03-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Spent a few nights myself in the marsh after being stuck. If you ever need to be pulled out again call Plaquemines Parish Sheriffs. They will pluck you out free of charge.

Are yall just doing the HT tournaments or doing the Saltwater Series and IFA as well?

jlincecum
03-25-2012, 07:48 PM
thats a long week!!! nice job powering through it

"W"
03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
If you would of had a Haynie you would of been like that air boat......

Love those trips

RigRatNoMeaux
03-25-2012, 08:35 PM
If you would of had a Haynie you would of been like that air boat......

Love those trips

If I would have been any more high centered it would have looked like it was on a trailer

jdm4x43732
03-25-2012, 08:56 PM
I would have been drunk drunk drunk. Glad you guys stuck it out and came home to tell us this very entertaining story.

"W"
03-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Anthony you going to be at the camp.this week.?

RigRatNoMeaux
03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Heading down tomorrow

"W"
03-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Heading down tomorrow

Ill be down Wed and Thur. Is no baby yet

bjhooper82
03-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow.....that's a memory for sure.....but how did you eventually find your keys?

Great read by the way. Get 'em next time.

He never did find them. A friend brought him his spare set.

Gerald
03-27-2012, 12:11 AM
The thought of maybe loosing the boat keys is why I carry a second set of keys.

I do the same for my truck. I have used the spare truck key several times when I lock the keys in the truck.

PaulMyers
03-27-2012, 01:34 AM
I do the same for my truck. I have used the spare truck key several times when I lock the keys in the truck.

You're telling your age Gerald! ;)

+1

Gerald
03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
You're telling your age Gerald! ;)

+1

When you are out hunting and fishing far away from the house..... I don't want to be calling the wife to bring me the extra keys.

Age got nothing to do with this..... but experience is a good teacher.

Dink
03-27-2012, 11:43 AM
You having your foot fixed at Lafayette General?? Just saw a pretty young blond in the waiting room wearing one of your shirts.