PDA

View Full Version : Fight for children with autism event *Downtown Live Event*

bourg62
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
My college professor decided for our class to create an event to fight against a disease. We decided to pick kids with autism and we acquired St. Nicholas Center to help promote the event. I am asking my fellow fishermen of the Lake Charles area and surrounding area to view these flyers and try and participate in this great event. The event "Boogie on the Block" features a BBQ Cook off, an art show(get your art out to the public), Live music, Silent auction and children games for the little kids. The event will be held downtown lakefront, Lake Charles on Saturday April 21,2012 from 2-8pm. Donations are welcome. Donations can be money or a product that will be entered into the silent auction. All proceeds benefit autism. If you would like to enter the bbq cook off, I have provided an entry form that you can email to me or meet with me when available.

I can be contacted at 337-263-0787 if you have any questions or would like to participate in the bbq cook off, art show or donate money or items.

Thanks for your time and consideration and hope to see everyone Saturday April 21,2012 to help a great cause.:)
Email me at Jaredbourgeois@gmail.com if you have any questions also.
Thanks,
Jared Bourgeois

Lake Chuck Duck
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I believe my buddy Clay is in this class as well. He has been advertising it on facebook. I plan to be in attendance. Looks like a pretty good event.

jlincecum
04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
If you have been one of the students talking with the lady from southwest beverage, be sure and tell her you are on here. That's my wife.

Ray
04-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I will pass it on to my boating friends. They are always looking for a reason to to spend a weekend at the Civic Center Marina.

bourg62
04-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I have not been talking to your wife but I'm sure someone is in contact. Ray that would be great and I appreciate it a lot. Forgot to put that beer will be for sale for 3$. Its going to be a exciting fun event.Thanks again
Jared