PDA

View Full Version : Would it be smart too..

huntin fool
09-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Throw some Deeks out one morning at my hunting spot, and watch the ducks before the season? Any help greatly appreciated.

Bluechip
09-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Throw some Deeks out one morning at my hunting spot, and watch the ducks before the season? Any help greatly appreciated.

Throw some corn out also....:smokin:

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-13-2009, 09:01 PM
you could work on your calling and different decoy spreads

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-13-2009, 09:02 PM
and sweet potatoes

and some molasis

Deadly D
09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
dont educate them to early. Remember they are going to be hunted all the way down here and they do remember areas. You could run them off before you can get them

huntin fool
09-14-2009, 06:50 AM
dont educate them to early. Remember they are going to be hunted all the way down here and they do remember areas. You could run them off before you can get them

See i was going to throw out my smaller deeks (not mallards) and check it out, if some teal came well i'd blast em, if not, ohwell.

Thanks

Deadly D
09-14-2009, 08:35 AM
See i was going to throw out my smaller deeks (not mallards) and check it out, if some teal came well i'd blast em, if not, ohwell.

Thanks
That would be ok, the way you made it sound was like right before hunting season. Now would be just fine you can practice your calling and stuff

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-14-2009, 08:48 AM
it wont hurt to have big duck decoys, we ended up only having 6 teal decoys in my bag when we got to the blind sat morning. the rest was mallards and pintails.

the teal still decoyed

Ray
09-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't leave them out too long. Don't want the big ducks getting used to them
and start shying away from the blind early in duck season.

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-14-2009, 10:20 AM
im a fan of changing decoy spreads every weekend if possible. take them out when you arent hunting or something

Will"E"Fish
09-14-2009, 10:56 AM
H.F. My advice would be to save your power drink bottles preferably 32 oz. Paint them Flat black. About 2 dozen would be enough. Get about a half a dozen Mallard hen decoy's.Set your spread in a long gated V;put your black jug"s in groups of 3and 4 inside the perimeter of the V letting the Mallard hen decoy's being the lead birds to your spread.Early season duck's not in full color. After 1st split exchange Mallard decoy's for Pintail drake decoy's.

huntin fool
09-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys. Might try and see about doing it one afternoon. If i can get my boat out...HIGH WATER!!!