PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro vs. MacBook Air

Hopedale Hustler
04-23-2012, 09:18 PM
What is really the difference besides size and price? I'm looking for something to basically just surf the web and put all my pics and videos on...what would be best for me...the ole dell done crapped out and its time to upgrade...I am looking at the 13" models in both...also do MacBook airs have cd drives? Any info appreciated.

meaux fishing
04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20082192-1/macbook-air-vs-macbook-pro-which-apple-13-incher-should-you-buy/

check this out.

specksNdaSURF
04-24-2012, 08:18 AM
i have a 17 macbook pro and love it...also had a dell bf

Asterisk-Rich
04-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Air has less Memory. If all your gonna do is put pics and Surf the web It should suffice.

Hopedale Hustler
04-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks y'all...but I was looking at the prices today and the 13" air is actually more expensive than the pro???? Why would this be if the pro does more

meaux fishing
04-24-2012, 11:00 PM
the air is lighter and thinner

Hopedale Hustler
04-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Ya that's y I thought it'd be less too....Had my mind made up on the air this morning but now I'm on the wall again due to the fact that the air has no disc drive or optical drive...although my cd burning days are over it'd be nice to play DVDs when needed...is there a way to play DVDs that a disc drive is not needed?

meaux fishing
04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Ya that's y I thought it'd be less too....Had my mind made up on the air this morning but now I'm on the wall again due to the fact that the air has no disc drive or optical drive...although my cd burning days are over it'd be nice to play DVDs when needed...is there a way to play DVDs that a disc drive is not needed?
you would have to get an external drive. If it were me I would get the pro because the hard drive is bigger and it is a more versatile machine. If the extra two lbs of weight is that big a deal to you get the air

Hopedale Hustler
04-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Meaux I got your message for some reason or another my phone won't let me send pm's and this site is restricted on my work computer...I'll give you a rundown tomorrow morning when I get home of what's been going on....but yes it's been good id go that route...

mr crab
04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but I bought the "regular" MacBook a couple years ago, and it sounds like it will do everything you need. It is the cheapest mac laptop, but it is very fast and has done everything I've asked it to do.