PDA

View Full Version : Facebook IPO

ckinchen
05-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Should be intresting.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/17/technology/facebook-ipo-final-price/index.htm?iid=Lead

Armand16
05-17-2012, 04:03 PM
who is buying at IPO?

BIG RED 1983
05-17-2012, 04:11 PM
I think its over rated should be selling for 18-22 a share

ckinchen
05-17-2012, 04:53 PM
who is buying at IPO?

I am, going to try and roll with the wave and sell next week. I do not believe it is a good longer term investment at all but I think the hype will make it a huge IPO.

"W"
05-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Thats going to be EPIC FAIL.........

ckinchen
05-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Thats going to be EPIC FAIL.........

Yes becuase you know so much about well...... Everything. We all better and smarter for having known you.

I think it will have a very good first day on the IPO then a good week the following week. I won't be in the stock after next week so I don't care what it does long term and I would not want to hold it long term.

Facebook is SaltyCajun with more members, no real assets.

"W"
05-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Facebook makes its money on advertising....they said already that companies who advertise on Facebook have not showed any improvement in sales

Facebook is on the down slide....don't think it will ever get to $40

ckinchen
05-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Facebook makes its money on advertising....they said already that companies who advertise on Facebook have not showed any improvement in sales

Facebook is on the down slide....don't think it will ever get to $40

It will close at well over $40 tomm and on Monday and that is all I care about. Long term if it goes to 10 cents that would be fine.

MattW
05-17-2012, 07:43 PM
How did you get in on the IPO? All the big companies are jumping on it. Can't find anyone to sell it.

Armand16
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I am, going to try and roll with the wave and sell next week. I do not believe it is a good longer term investment at all but I think the hype will make it a huge IPO.

Yup, pump and dump should be your only strategy. I think the time to sell will be somewhere between Monday and Wednesday. Good luck, wish I had the balls.

"W"
05-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Yup, pump and dump should be your only strategy. I think the time to sell will be somewhere between Monday and Wednesday. Good luck, wish I had the balls.

Xs...2....

Just to risky for me at that price

ckinchen
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
How did you get in on the IPO? All the big companies are jumping on it. Can't find anyone to sell it.

If you have over X dollars in your investment account they will allow you to get in on IPO's at a discount before the are made avaialble to the public. I get a notice of upcomign IPO if I want to participate. The stock will go on sale to everyone in the morning.

It is a risk, no doubt. I will watch it very closely and hope to get out between Mon / Wen of next week.

One problem however is if you buy stock in an IPO in a pre-sale most brokerage firms like to see you hold it for at least six months or they can refuse to offer you on pre-sale terms in the future. I am going to buy some more in the AM if the price is not to crazzy and try to dump that block.

ckinchen
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM

I agree with that time frame.

bjhooper82
05-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Good luck with it Casey. Hope it works out for you. Let us know how you do.

fishinpox
05-17-2012, 09:38 PM
how much u thinking? 20k? ....simple math 34$/share .....20,000/34= 588 if it goes to 40 wed thats 6$ x 588= 3529.00 - fees/taxes ....seems like a big risk to make peanuts . am i looking at this wrong?

I make oil
05-17-2012, 10:05 PM
No Pox you are dead on right. Then you gotta pay the capital gains. Pump and dump is tough to win with in my opinion especially with a IPO like this. Good luck to you guys who buy into this.

ckinchen
05-17-2012, 10:12 PM
how much u thinking? 20k? ....simple math 34$/share .....20,000/34= 588 if it goes to 40 wed thats 6$ x 588= 3529.00 - fees/taxes ....seems like a big risk to make peanuts . am i looking at this wrong?

I think the top end of the wave will be much, much higher than $40 but who knows.

PBJ
05-18-2012, 06:58 AM
I will watch it very closely and hope to get out between Mon / Wen of next week.

One problem however is if you buy stock in an IPO in a pre-sale most brokerage firms like to see you hold it for at least six months or they can refuse to offer you on pre-sale terms in the future. I am going to buy some more in the AM if the price is not to crazzy and try to dump that block.

Dump it Friday afternoon or at least put a stop on it.

GT11
05-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Some analyst predicted 2x - 3x pop....I got in at $38 but dumped it at $41.50 when I saw it wasn't going anywhere. Was hoping for the bump LinkedIn had.

BAC is the one to watch...made big $$$$ on a 5/6 risk revesal (options trade) this spring. Now it is down again and there will be much upside.

ckinchen
05-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Some analyst predicted 2x - 3x pop....I got in at $38 but dumped it at $41.50 when I saw it wasn't going anywhere. Was hoping for the bump LinkedIn had.

BAC is the one to watch...made big $$$$ on a 5/6 risk revesal (options trade) this spring. Now it is down again and there will be much upside.

Same here, I sold my shares just over $40.00. I did make a few $$ on it but not anwhere close to what I had hoped. Oh well, some profit is better than a loss.

"W"
05-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Just what I (Xspeck TED) from FB.........

ckinchen
05-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Just what I (Xspeck TED) from FB.........

No harm no foul, got in and got out. In low and out high, to bad it did not go to 50....

"W"
05-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Maybe in a stronger market but not in this mess were in right now.............All I see is RED RED RED in my Portfolios

My Apache is down to $80.... ATPG down to 4.99 and BAC Dont even look....
Few Stocks im doing good in is LNG becuase I just bought it.....

OILT
AT&T
PFE

ckinchen
05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
One of my clients raised 25mm this morning in a small secondary offering but they had to struggle to do it.

GT11
05-19-2012, 09:11 AM
There is a way to buy (and trade) pre-IPO stock in private companies. One of sites is called Sharepost. https://welcome.sharespost.com/ . FB was auctioning shares through them before the IPO and the shares were going to $28 - $38 per share and the minimum investment was $100K. I found these guys after the LinkedIn IPO. You have to be an acredited investor to invest with them (minimum net worth requirement and a salary threshhold). I will post their intro statement in the next post.

GT11
05-19-2012, 09:13 AM
WELCOME TO SHARESPOST

SharesPost is changing the way companies, investors and shareholders will transact in the pre-IPO economy. We’re building a market where the leading private growth companies can satisfy their shareholders’ desire for liquidity without sacrificing control. Where technology connects companies in need of growth capital with investors in search of growth investments. And where technology and hands-on expertise come together to create efficiencies, accelerate transactions, forge connections, and empower participants.

Founded in 2009, SharesPost is the only online platform that efficiently connects forward-thinking investors with late-stage venture-backed companies and their shareholders. We have the largest online network of private company investors ever assembled and the broadest offering of independent, third-party research. It’s all designed to make the process of managing secondary liquidity and raising primary capital easier and more transparent than ever before.

"W"
05-21-2012, 08:57 AM
And FB is heading straight South as predicted ..down over $3 this a.m. ....

mikedatiger
05-21-2012, 10:10 AM
And FB is heading straight South as predicted ..down over $3 this a.m. ....

You are the Nostradamus of SC ;)

ckinchen
05-21-2012, 10:27 AM
I am glad that me and my buddies all got out of FB on Friday with at least a little profit.

"W"
05-21-2012, 10:33 AM
$4 and falling

Cajun Outdoors
05-25-2012, 07:59 PM
What pisses me off is the people that want to sue Facebook and the companies that handled the IPO for "overpricing" it. Same thing that pisses me off when people whine of price gouging during hurricanes/natural disasters. Take an economics course, there is no such thing as price gouging. There is a market price, and without an artificial ceiling or floor it takes care of itself.

They priced a stock at what they believe to be market price. Some like myself look at other similar companies(google) that in essence sell the same thing(online advertising) make more money and cheaper price/earnings ratio. I evaluate that data, take into account the market frenzy and hype of the IPO and make an informed decision about whether or not I can profit from it.

If I buy and profit great, if I buy and lose that's my fault. They sold it at market price(what someone is willing to pay), if they had priced it at $100,000 a share it wouldn't have all sold. If the priced it at .10c a share it would have gone in 2 minutes and they wouldn't have raised what they needed. Just because somebody didn't get the pop they wanted and make money doesn't mean Facebook or the companies that priced the IPO are at fault. The BUYER is at fault. Americans need to have some accountability, sometimes humans are WRONG. Take your licks.

southern151
05-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Well stated sir! If my business bellies up tomorrow, guess what, I didn't do it right. It's MY fault! Capitalism is being shaken down by dummies who want to gain and never lose. In essence, capitalism is dying, which is what many want now days.

SpeckleBUTTCHEEKS
05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Maybe in a stronger market but not in this mess were in right now.............All I see is RED RED RED in my Portfolios

My Apache is down to $80.... ATPG down to 4.99 and BAC Dont even look....
Few Stocks im doing good in is LNG becuase I just bought it.....

OILT
AT&T
PFE

If you don't already know, look into Flotek Industries (FTK).... small cap oil field services company that specializes in hydraulic fracturing fluids/chemicals.

Add to watch list

deek248
05-25-2012, 11:39 PM
What pisses me off is the people that want to sue Facebook and the companies that handled the IPO for "overpricing" it. Same thing that pisses me off when people whine of price gouging during hurricanes/natural disasters. Take an economics course, there is no such thing as price gouging. There is a market price, and without an artificial ceiling or floor it takes care of itself.

They priced a stock at what they believe to be market price. Some like myself look at other similar companies(google) that in essence sell the same thing(online advertising) make more money and cheaper price/earnings ratio. I evaluate that data, take into account the market frenzy and hype of the IPO and make an informed decision about whether or not I can profit from it.

If I buy and profit great, if I buy and lose that's my fault. They sold it at market price(what someone is willing to pay), if they had priced it at $100,000 a share it wouldn't have all sold. If the priced it at .10c a share it would have gone in 2 minutes and they wouldn't have raised what they needed. Just because somebody didn't get the pop they wanted and make money doesn't mean Facebook or the companies that priced the IPO are at fault. The BUYER is at fault. Americans need to have some accountability, sometimes humans are WRONG. Take your licks.

WOW what a dip sh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk

Cajun Outdoors
05-26-2012, 07:54 AM
WOW what a dip sh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk

A well articulated point DEEK. You're an asset to this forum.

SpeckleBUTTCHEEKS
05-26-2012, 11:46 AM

I believe Facebook and Morgan Stanley are being sued for withholding and/or concealing vital information related to the company's financials:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/23/oh-zuck-facebooks-bumpy-start-just-got-a-little-worse/

Cajun Outdoors
05-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I believe Facebook and Morgan Stanley are being sued for withholding and/or concealing vital information related to the company's financials:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/23/oh-zuck-facebooks-bumpy-start-just-got-a-little-worse/

That remains to be proven, but we will see. You can sue anyone for anything, whether or not you prevail is another thing entirely. They may have tipped off some investors, happens everyday, in which case that's egg on their face. But did the people joining in on the suit really rely on that misinformation? Maybe. Or maybe they're just looking for a target to blame because they didn't double their money on a roll of the dice.

JMO, I have no dog in this fight. I switched everything to municipal bonds when the Dow hit 13200. Not getting back in till after the election.

"W"
05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Where will it bottom $15-$20 is where I believe

simplepeddler
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Where will it bottom $15-$20 is where I believe

ckinchen
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM

What a meltdown...

"W"
05-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Down $10 from open....falling like a rock down $3 today in a good market day!

The dummys who still have this stock better get out now..because it might not ever see $30 again

ckinchen
05-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Down $10 from open....falling like a rock down $3 today in a good market day!

The dummys who still have this stock better get out now..because it might not ever see $30 again

I have a buddy that is still in and got in at $43, now he is talking about holding for another six months. I tried to get him to sell when I got out on day one.