PDA

View Full Version : Another Teal Day Done

Finfeatherfur
09-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Hunted south of Kaplan today and got a 3 man limit, but we had to work for them. Did not finish until 8AM, and not nearly the amount of birds we saw Tuesday. We were able to get some good shots, but most of the birds did not want to work the decoys like Tuesday morning. We got out of the field and loaded up while another group of hunters were still blasting away to the north of us. That is one downside of hunting the Kaplan/Gueydan area. To me, it appears to have a blind on every field and if the wind blows the right direction on some mornings you can hear people talking in the fields. Oh well, it is what it is! lol

Jordan
09-17-2009, 01:02 PM
nice job.... killer 4-wheeler in the back of that ford... those things never die !!!!

Finfeatherfur
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I was in my Rhino, but funny you mention that 4 wheeler. That thing sits up all summer, never used and fires right up for duck season every year. Lance baby's it and it really is a good little bike.

all star rod
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
FFF today the birds worked for us. Actually they started yesterday. Yesterday my uncle went with one of his buddies and they got a 2 man limit. First day that the birds would actually pass up our hole and circle back around and come in. Our pond did not get set-up for us until late WED the 9th. I wonder if this is why we started out the first few days slow. As I remembered, our pond was usually ready the weekend before. I guess they had to find the water. Not a lot a open water showing in the Kaplan area. Going back on SAT then coming back for the ULL/LSU tail gate. I may see Chad there.
BTW, you are correct about the amount of blinds in that area! They are on top of each other!

Hopedale Hustler
09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
good job today

Salty
09-17-2009, 03:54 PM
FFF today the birds worked for us. Actually they started yesterday. Yesterday my uncle went with one of his buddies and they got a 2 man limit. First day that the birds would actually pass up our hole and circle back around and come in. Our pond did not get set-up for us until late WED the 9th. I wonder if this is why we started out the first few days slow. As I remembered, our pond was usually ready the weekend before. I guess they had to find the water. Not a lot a open water showing in the Kaplan area. Going back on SAT then coming back for the ULL/LSU tail gate. I may see Chad there.
BTW, you are correct about the amount of blinds in that area! They are on top of each other!

Two-story?

all star rod
09-17-2009, 04:05 PM
No Double-WIDE!!!!:grinpimp:
Really, there is a lot of gun pressue in that whole area!