PDA

View Full Version : 7 Scratches and no shots fired

ripinlips
09-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Well it is a good thing that I enjoy hunting without killing or shooting because so far with a total of seven hunts since the teal opener we have scratched everytime. Not just no ducks killed but did not even take any shots at teal yet. Our lease is north of Kaplan and others around seem to be doing good or they are shooting alot anyway. The closest we have come is a couple here and there buzz the levee without seeing them until it is to late. There is plenty of big ducks and they work well, so we cannot wait for big duck season. I have always been told that you should report both good and bad so here is my report and to those people who are killing ducks I say congrats and make sure you are thankful for those ducks. This report will make those limits seem that much better I am sure.

all star rod
09-18-2009, 11:10 AM
We struggled opening weekend. Starting on TUES things have been a lot better for use but is no where close to the past teal seasons. We hunt a few miles SW of Kaplan (HWY 14). At least know we are killing some limits. We rested the blind this morning....going back on SAT with blind loaded.

mallard matt
09-18-2009, 04:37 PM
i had a lease around there once i would do real good but everyone else in the feilds around me would do terrible.Just how it is some times.Hope you do better for big duck season.Try putting some feed in the pond when teal season ends.

Red Devil
09-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Well it is a good thing that I enjoy hunting without killing or shooting because so far with a total of seven hunts since the teal opener we have scratched everytime. Not just no ducks killed but did not even take any shots at teal yet. Our lease is north of Kaplan and others around seem to be doing good or they are shooting alot anyway. The closest we have come is a couple here and there buzz the levee without seeing them until it is to late. There is plenty of big ducks and they work well, so we cannot wait for big duck season. I have always been told that you should report both good and bad so here is my report and to those people who are killing ducks I say congrats and make sure you are thankful for those ducks. This report will make those limits seem that much better I am sure.
i feel your pain