PDA

View Full Version : Sabine 7-7

mr crab
07-10-2012, 08:42 AM
We got in the water at 6am and the plan was to run 180 south for 35 miles to some snapper rigs. Well at about 26 miles out we found a wall of storms that had us all second guessing ourselves. We just headed west and fished for a while and hopping west trying to stay past the edge of the storm. Well at about noon there was no where to run and the storm was on us. We tied up to the rig and hoped for the best. It came right over us but we were blessed and the wind was almost nil. Once it passed us, we decided to bump on out to about 35 miles. We caught countless 14-15 inch snapper but were only able to box 3 keepers. So we decided to try one more rig that was about 7 miles to the south. On the way there we found a weed line. We stopped and it was on, chicken dolphin one after another and we trolled up a nice knig fish. We never did go to the rig we were headed to and settled for the 3 snaps and a box full of dolphin. We salvaged what was looking to be a busted trip, but I have a whole new respect for the gulf and will probably never make the concious decision to plan on running around the storms ever again. Oh yeah the ray was almost 5 ft tip to tip and was a 30 minute fight. One bad mamma jamma!

marshrunner757
07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Damn nice catch!

Jadams
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I need a dozen choc donuts!

Jadams
07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Oops gf text me while I was looking at this somehow I put it on here

meaux fishing
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Oops gf text me while I was looking at this somehow I put it on here

Lol I was wondering what that meant

T-Bone
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Now that looks like fun catching those chicken dolphin. Must be the glasses that help find the weed line. LOL

mr crab
07-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Now that looks like fun catching those chicken dolphin. Must be the glasses that help find the weed line. LOL

Thats my sexy white frames from the g.i. Trip. Still lookin sharp out there

bearwash87
07-10-2012, 11:07 AM
I need a dozen choc donuts!

I'll take a dozen blueberry cake!! Haha nice trip Mr crab!