PDA

View Full Version : Huntin with kids.

Red Devil
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Well this year will be the year I take my 5 yr old step son to the stand with me. He's been bustin Mom's chops to go to the deer camp, so tomorrow him and I are loading up to go fill up the feeders. I said what if your Dad calls to go to his house, and he said he wanted to go with me. Talk about a good feeling. I didn't think he was ready to get on stand last year, but when I built my new one this year he helped and now he can't wait. Said he wants to kill a Monster Buck. I said buddy, I hope we do get a monster buck. I really do hope he is with me when we take one, that way he will be hooked, and a few more years, I can let him shoot. Just awesome. I'm fired up. Just thought I would share. RD

wtretrievers
10-01-2009, 10:16 AM
That's awesome!!!! Both my boys started coming with me at about 4-5. Now 15 & 17 & are killing machines!!!!!!!!! I can hear one of them shoot & I know it's one of them & the hair stands up on the back of my neck! I Start giggling like a 13 yr old lil girl!

Finfeatherfur
10-01-2009, 10:54 AM
That's awesome!!!! Both my boys started coming with me at about 4-5. Now 15 & 17 & are killing machines!!!!!!!!! I can hear one of them shoot & I know it's one of them & the hair stands up on the back of my neck! I Start giggling like a 13 yr old lil girl!

I'm right there with you and know exactly what you mean! We went on a south Tx dove hunt a few weeks ago and my 15y/o was high man on the doves. My 10y/o step son was dropping doves like it was nothing shooting his new 12 ga auto-loader. I get such a kick out of watching those kids! I call them my "blood thirsty killers"! Good times!

eman
10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Great that you can take a boy out and foster his love for the woods.
Just remember to teach him the first rule of the hunting camp.
What goes on at the camp stays at the camp.

Red Devil
10-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Great that you can take a boy out and foster his love for the woods.
Just remember to teach him the first rule of the hunting camp.
What goes on at the camp stays at the camp.
LOL, I have to watch everything in front of Motormouth. Right now anyway.