PDA

View Full Version : East zone youth duck hunt!!!!

Nick1230
10-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Do your research before taking the kids out for the early season youth duck hunt. I read the other day that just in the east zone the youth wknd changed to end of the season. Feb. 03-05 is the new date. Only in the east zone. I think it's just a money making deal for the ldwf. It's forever been at the beginning of the season and they all of a sudden change it.

duckfreak
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Where did you see that? From what I understand the Feds will not allow any duck hunting beyond Jan 31.

Micah
10-21-2012, 07:48 PM
East zone youth hunt is November 10-11. The February dates were what they proposed back in July.

Micah
10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Middle of picture.

PUREBAY2200
10-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the info.... Or miss-info , that resulted in the correct info....

Spunt Drag
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Hahaha the Internet. It's so devious

Micah
10-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info.... Or miss-info , that resulted in the correct info....

Lol

Armand16
10-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Do your research before taking the kids out for the early season youth duck hunt. I read the other day that just in the east zone the youth wknd changed to end of the season. Feb. 03-05 is the new date. Only in the east zone. I think it's just a money making deal for the ldwf. It's forever been at the beginning of the season and they all of a sudden change it.

Do you have a link to the article that you read? And how would moving the youth hunt to the end of the season be a money making deal?

Micah
10-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Do you have a link to the article that you read? And how would moving the youth hunt to the end of the season be a money making deal?

I too would like to see where he read this. Feb. 3-5 is Sunday-Tuesday, that should have been the red flag to begin with.

Nick1230
10-22-2012, 02:32 PM
I read it in an issue of Cajun outdoor magazine. Never said it was a sure thing. As I said in the first post "do your research". No need to hound me about I was just giving a heads up. I won't be doing any youth hunting so I have nothing to worry about just looking out for you guys that would have just taken advantage of it always being the weekend before. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmcnabb
10-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I think he meant it would be a money making deal by generating tickets from people not knowing about the new proposed dates

Slimred
10-22-2012, 03:12 PM
LDWF website has correct info.

Nick1230
10-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I think he meant it would be a money making deal by generating tickets from people not knowing about the new proposed dates

Thanks cmcnabb

Cajun Outdoors
10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
The OP was referring to this release we published back in July.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/news/35645

On Aug 2, The LDWLF issued a release locking in the dates with this explanation:

"A proposal to move the youth waterfowl weekend to the end of the final hunting segment in the East Zone was not adopted due to public comments received in favor of the traditional pre-season dates normally provided for youth. Additionally, public comment asking for an East Zone opening segment with 16 days and second segment with 44 days was accommodated."

Spunt Drag
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
I read it in an issue of Cajun outdoor magazine. Never said it was a sure thing. As I said in the first post "do your research". No need to hound me about I was just giving a heads up. I won't be doing any youth hunting so I have nothing to worry about just looking out for you guys that would have just taken advantage of it always being the weekend before. Sorry

Don't sweat it, sorry if we came across the wrong way. And you're right about doin your research. The 2012-2013 hunting pamphlet said we could shoot doves 30 minutes before sunrise on opening day, and had to wait til noon that following Monday. Of course that was completely wrong, so I called LDWF. They said "the website was correct, and the pamphlet was a typo". I asked what if I'm Pentecostal and don't get on the Internet? Well apparently there's a disclaimer in the pamphlet that says any typo or mistake in this pamphlet does not make LDWF liable for game violations. Basically when you know you're right, you could be wrong! Can't win

cmcnabb
10-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Now that is a money makin deal. If you can't trust the ladwf pamphlet who the hell can you trust?

Nick1230
10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
You can trust them that they will burn you if you even think about messing up!!!