PDA

View Full Version : Geese south of Welsh

cmcnabb
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Made a pass through Welsh yesterday down 99. These were about a mile south of the S curve

DUCKGOGETTER
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Man between you and bgizzle i'm not gonna get any sleep!!!!

meaux fishing
10-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Man between you and bgizzle i'm not gonna get any sleep!!!!
x2

cmcnabb
10-24-2012, 11:03 AM
These are just a few I snapped. There were a lot more in fresh cut stubble with a little water in it. Farmer finished cutting our field yesterday. We are going to disc up a few strips and squeeze about 3 inches of water on it a few days before the season opens

DUCKGOGETTER
10-24-2012, 11:14 AM
these are just a few i snapped. There were a lot more in fresh cut stubble with a little water in it. Farmer finished cutting our field yesterday. We are going to disc up a few strips and squeeze about 3 inches of water on it a few days before the season opens

speck buffett!!!

swamp snorkler
10-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Yall ever creep geese with a mirror, i seen some people on TV doing it not to lang ago.

wfastabend
10-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Just where they always are before the season!! They just have to go a mile and half north of that field!!

SaltERedneck
10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
oooooooohhhhhhhh snap!

DUCKGOGETTER
10-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Man i'm ready!!!!!! Come on nov 10th

LAhunter
10-24-2012, 03:10 PM
We seen a few on the farm south west of Welsh on Abell road. that is were we hunt. Have been there for 6 years and hope it picks up for the ducks and geese. We killed birds but had to work hard for them the last 2 years.

cmcnabb
10-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Yall ever creep geese with a mirror, i seen some people on TV doing it not to lang ago.

Geese down here are probably too smart for that but who knows. I'm not big on creeping geese anyway, but if someone was I would think the mirror reflecting light would flare the birds

cmcnabb
10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
We seen a few on the farm south west of Welsh on Abell road. that is were we hunt. Have been there for 6 years and hope it picks up for the ducks and geese. We killed birds but had to work hard for them the last 2 years.

We hunted on the corner for Abell and Leblanc road many years ago. We used to do real well over there. I have a lot of fond memories as a kid hunting over there

bgizzle
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
All the rice planted gonna keep them in the area it's just what the farmers going to do after. If they flood for crawish it'll hold ducks if they leave the geese will murder it. This the first yr farmers were able to harvest this much rice since 2008. Think back 4yrs and that's about how good its gonna be in the rice. Personally y'all marsh boys are in for a treat this yr. you think you couldn't gmfut another grey in marshes last yr wait till this yr. think about it this way. Last yr was by far the best yr for marsh blinds I KNOW OF. The reason (my .02) is because of drought, ppl in east to didnt even hunt last yr cuz their holes were dry. Now, there's still a drought everywhere but HERE(central to south la) and with all the rain we got from march to now everyone has FRESH water marshes. More food means more snails means more small fish means more reasons y y'all gonna MURDER em this yr. rice fields... Gonna be harder for ducks because birds leave with pressure and spread out in marsh and when they get there and see they got enough food and snails to eat and help break down food in gizzards they'll come back to ricefields on full moons and fronts to load up on carbs to stay far. Specks yum yuk get you some we gonna wack em!!!!