PDA

View Full Version : Best places for live music in New Orleans?

LaAngler
10-08-2009, 09:27 AM
title says it all, lets hear it

Jordan
10-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Bourbon street.... there was one bar/restaurant... i cant remember the name... oyster bar i think...

Hopedale Hustler
10-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Bourbon Street You got..BBC AKA Bourbon Street Blues Company....you got House Of Blues...you got Bourbon Rocks..and alot of times at Rex's Oyster House......all on bourbon...

Dink
10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
What kinda music you lookin for?? Booty shakin, blues, old rock and roll, rockabilly???

Jordan
10-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah rex's. They got goooooood food. Mmmmmm charbroilled oystas. Mmmmmmmm

cmdrost
10-08-2009, 02:01 PM
yeah pretty much any where in the Quarter.

Ray
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
yeah pretty much any where in the Quarter.

Stay on Bourbon St. if it is late. After Katrina, it ain't too perdy anymore.
I am not much into Karoke, so Cats ain't my thang.
But if you go, look for a band called Rockbox. They play some good music. They used to play at Fat Cats and sometimes at other places.
Razzoo's is pretty fun. The other spot we used to go to is another name. It was Utopia, but they sold out.
Go to nola.com and find the forums section and click on Bourbon St. http://www.nola.com/forums/bourbon/

meaux fishing
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
One eyed Jacks, Tipitina's, D.B.A., Howlin Wolf, Maple Leaf, go to the Marigny(Frenchman St.)which is across Esplanade form Decatur its where the local bands play. Pick up a copy of "Whereyat?" or "Offbeat"

southern151
10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
All in what you are looking for. I like the Howlin Wolf myself. From what I have seen(I worked at a tattoo shop in the quarter), I wouldn't go to Bourbon St unless I was completely wasted or a tourist. Cheap t-shirt shops and over-priced strip clubs is all that is there. Oh yeah, on the "other end", rainbows everywhere! Get a good cab driver and tell them what you want to see. They will get you there. You can also likely let the front desk of your hotel know what you are looking for and they'll get someone to get you there.

Remember, as someone else said, don't do it alone. N.O. is still number 1 or 2 in murder per capita in the US. One wrong turn can lead to...

Raymond
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
All in what you are looking for. I like the Howlin Wolf myself. From what I have seen(I worked at a tattoo shop in the quarter), I wouldn't go to Bourbon St unless I was completely wasted or a tourist. Cheap t-shirt shops and over-priced strip clubs is all that is there. Oh yeah, on the "other end", rainbows everywhere! Get a good cab driver and tell them what you want to see. They will get you there. You can also likely let the front desk of your hotel know what you are looking for and they'll get someone to get you there.

Remember, as someone else said, don't do it alone. N.O. is still number 1 or 2 in murder per capita in the US. One wrong turn can lead to...
That Boy is strapped with a new gatt, make sure you have plenty of bullets when you go!:smokin:

Ray
10-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Bourbon Street bar required to close after losing court battle

A controversial Bourbon Street bar will need to get required permits before it can re-open, after Civil District Court Robin Giarrusso this morning denied a preliminary injunction that would have allowed the nightclub to continue operating.

Attorneys for the city and French Quarter residents heralded the decision against Bourbon Lights as a victory, saying the owners of the bar at 709-713 Bourbon Street have been in repeated violation of "stop work" orders by the Vieux Carre Commission. The building is known as the Tricou House and is "blue-rated" by the commission, which means it is a historic structure just below the level of a landmark like the Cabildo.
Ralph Lupin, commission chairman, said today's court action should be seen as part of a larger effort to ensure that property owners in the Quarter abide by the rules and regulations of the historic district.
"We are going to clean it up," he said.
Giarrusso last week signed a temporary restraining order on behalf of the club operators, which allowed them to re-open their doors to customers despite the stop work orders. Her decision today overturns that original ruling.
In the petition filed by 711 Entertainment LLC, the club operators argued that the unauthorized construction work at the property had ceased and they would be deprived of their property rights if not allowed to serve customers.

ShadMan
10-11-2009, 12:32 PM
There was a place there called Bourbon Cowboy right next to the Crowne Plaza where I was staying (Canal and Bourbon) that had 3-for-the-price-of-1 drinks all night the night I was there and was playing some good country music if that's your bag. I wanted to go down there, but I had the family with me so it was an Insect Museum, IMAX kind of trip. :)

Ray
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Lots of them offer 3 for 1 drinks till 7PM on weekdays.
I worked there in '97, '98, '00 and '01. I drank a lot of beers.
You had to drink fast cause they gave you 3 long necks at one time. Didn't want them to get hot.

BIRD DOG
10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Been awhile but Razoo's was my favorite.They used to have two guys,a black guy and a white guy and they could play anything!!That black guy could play AC DC and you would think it was them!I heard its not Razoo's anymore though.Also check out Checkpoint Charlies on the corner of Decatur,used to like to go there for the music.:churn:

Finfeatherfur
10-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Don't know if it's still open, but the Black Rhino on Bourbon was great!