PDA

View Full Version : Coyote hunting

Jordan
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Who does it ?? What call u use ??? Any tips ??? I called in 2 today. Closest came about 275 yards. I shot at him with a .270 and hit high. Seen hair fly through scope. Any one wanna come over and have some fun ?

southern151
10-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Too long a ride to shoot a wild dog! Wanna put me on some deer too?! I worked there last year and rode throughout the area. I know there is a good bit of deer there. I'll also shoot some o' dem grey mutts too while I'm there!

Jordan
10-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Lol. Sure

southern151
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Have they started selling beer on Sunday over there yet or is it still stock before arrival? Whatcha say? I'll bring the beer and the call... the .17HMR too. We'll shoot some wild dogs and you put me on some backstraps. I want meat not trophies. They was all over them pines trees when I was there last spring.

Slidellkid
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Hell, I'll go with you sometime. I was thinking West Bay would be a good place to call. lots of wide open clearcuts there.

Jordan
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
151. I gotta find some deer myself. I know for a fact the woodies are here !!!! Just gotta find the deer. The beer issue....its not a dry city anymore, they passed the law so they can sell booze in town !!!!

Ray
10-09-2009, 07:06 AM
You can use a speck call and make it sound just like the predator calls.
When I was younger, I would sit up on an old windmill water well and crack them.
They like to lick the yellow milk crapp from young calves. If you have a lot of calves
in a field, they will come up and lay along the edge of the field in the late evening,
just before dark and wait for dark to come eat *****.
If you get there before them, you can pop one or two. I have seen them come up
and lay apart from each other outside the fence line. I shot one and the other got
up and went to the one I shot. I popped her next. I just shot them due to the fact
that they will sooner or later kill a weak or single calve hiding in the grass.
Hurricane Rita took care of all of them South of the ICW.
You can also catch them with traps. When you find a dead cow, put some traps
all around the cow in 2 rows. They are suckers for dead animals.

southern151
10-09-2009, 03:34 PM
151. I gotta find some deer myself. I know for a fact the woodies are here !!!! Just gotta find the deer. The beer issue....its not a dry city anymore, they passed the law so they can sell booze in town !!!!
I almost hit a deer on my Harley last year west of town. I don't remember the highway number but, I remember they were cutting out that way. She came very uncomfortably close. One of the locals told me that they was thick out that way but didn't give any details as far as leases and all.

Jordan
10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
everything is leased here...... its retarded !!!!! thats why i just stick to duck hunting

kgrimes64
08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
where can i go to do it? im brand new to the state and come from nevada so i slayed em year round but im not used to the small amounts of huntable public lands here. anyone want any hogs, coyotes, bobcats, raccoons or anything else taken care of ill do it for free im dying to hunt something its been way too long

hankscke123
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Jordan all I have to say is ruger 204 u can see them u can kill them it comes out barrel at 4200 feet a second

1fastmerc
08-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Tell me when and where. I have a 243 that needs the dust knocked off it.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerald
08-19-2011, 02:27 AM

---

This sounds like a field trip......neighbor! I have several calls to use.

Jordan.....if you are not on a lease, where are you hunting? You know someone with land?

Micah
08-19-2011, 04:03 AM
This thread was started 2 yrs ago....

weedeater
08-19-2011, 05:43 AM
This thread was started 2 yrs ago....
That's ok they still got them things running around

weedeater
08-19-2011, 05:47 AM

---
When they finnish logging my lease it will be wide open on part so maybe we can find some, my 270shortmag needs to breath alittle

Jordan
08-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Jordan.....if you are not on a lease, where are you hunting? You know someone with land?

the land i was hunting is now leased :pissed:

1fastmerc
08-19-2011, 01:25 PM

Uh oh. You live by me? Was it the "pink" boat that gave me away?

---

1fastmerc
08-19-2011, 01:26 PM
When they finnish logging my lease it will be wide open on part so maybe we can find some, my 270shortmag needs to breath alittle

Let me know I want to try some new bullets out.

---

weedeater
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Let me know I want to try some new bullets out.

---

need to shoot that pop gun I give ya

slambin
08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
i usually kill 15-20 a year right behind my house. many of the them are shot when we start cutting beans and corn. I keep my .223 in the cab just in case of coyotes or hogs. At the end of the winter is my best time to hunt them. they are running low on feed and i put out the foxpro electric call. it usually dont take long to convince one to come in.

pmckee318
08-19-2011, 01:40 PM
You can use a speck call and make it sound just like the predator calls.
When I was younger, I would sit up on an old windmill water well and crack them.
They like to lick the yellow milk crapp from young calves. If you have a lot of calves
in a field, they will come up and lay along the edge of the field in the late evening,
just before dark and wait for dark to come eat *****.
If you get there before them, you can pop one or two. I have seen them come up
and lay apart from each other outside the fence line. I shot one and the other got
up and went to the one I shot. I popped her next. I just shot them due to the fact
that they will sooner or later kill a weak or single calve hiding in the grass.
Hurricane Rita took care of all of them South of the ICW.
You can also catch them with traps. When you find a dead cow, put some traps
all around the cow in 2 rows. They are suckers for dead animals. If Rita took them out, they're back by the hundreds around hackberry, fishing flounder cut one morning in last winter we had one come of the levee and swim across the cut, stopped boat traffic dead in the water. :eek:

SULPHITE
08-19-2011, 01:50 PM
they used to have black panthers on long point...

pmckee318
08-19-2011, 02:26 PM
they used to have black panthers on long point...
sit on my back porch at the camp at night sounds like hundreds out around long point and Joes cove.

1fastmerc
08-19-2011, 02:36 PM
need to shoot that pop gun I give ya

You didn't give me crap. We traded and yes I anxious to shoot it. Just haven't bought a new scope for it yet

---

weedeater
08-19-2011, 02:58 PM
You didn't give me crap. We traded and yes I anxious to shoot it. Just haven't bought a new scope for it yet

---

the one on it still worked, just get you somthin kinda cheap for it

1fastmerc
08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
the one on it still worked, just get you somthin kinda cheap for it

Yeah but it's fixed and not adjustable

---

Gerald
08-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Uh oh. You live by me? Was it the "pink" boat that gave me away?

---

NO.... the white "tent". Passed by your house a few days ago.

1fastmerc
08-20-2011, 04:34 AM
NO.... the white "tent". Passed by your house a few days ago.

Oh ok. I know I got some strange looks, but it helped a bunch on not being so hot.

---

weedeater
08-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Oh ok. I know I got some strange looks, but it helped a bunch on not being so hot.

---

what wrong, Kim kick ya out

jaclyn.renea
08-20-2011, 07:48 AM

Thank goodness! I wouldn't make it in a dry parish.